Wearing watches on motorcycles
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Wearing watches on motorcycles

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wearing watches on motorcycles

I ride a harley most of the time if it’s dry out, I was curious as to what watches would be ok to wear and not get damaged by the exsess vibration.the booklet for my bambino specifically says do not wear on motorcycles or risk damaging the precision of the movement . This got me thinking is this for all automatics or just some ? Does this include quartz as well? Or am I over thinking all of this.

Re: Wearing watches on motorcycles

Wear mine when riding. Never been a problem.

Play it safe, take it off.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Are we still talking watches?
    DocScotter and Miklos86 like this.

What year is your harley davidson, and is the engine rubber mounted or counter-ballanced?

i ride a modern HD sportster, and wear my automatics on it.i havent noticed any ill effects... but none of my manuals say not to ride a motorcycle while wearing it, either.

Carmen de apicala, Col / Cayuse Flats, BC

Never had an issue riding with a watch but then don't ride a bone shaker.;). I'm sure you could use a quartz - there's one mounted on my instrument panel in my Boxer still running (factory) after 10 years.

If your hands shake with the vibration through the bars that might be an indicator it's too much shaking going on (as in whole lotta...).

The bigger issue might be falling of the bike while riding. I seem to recall a member damaging a Submariner and giving it a good grinding - still worked though.
    The current rotation: Orologi Calamai G50 MkIII, Omega Speedmaster automatic 3510-50, Omega Dynamic series III, Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 2504.80, Omega Seamaster 212.30.41, Omega Geneve F300 198.030 Hummer, Omega Seamaster F300 198.001 Hummer, Heuer Autavia chronograph, Eterna - Matic 1948 Chronometre, Tudor BB36 79500, Marathon TSAR medium, Pro Trek PRW3000-2, Seiko Alpinist SBQJ017 perpetual calendar GMT 8F56, JeanRichard Highlands 24004.

Over 300k in 40 years over all-terrain—no problems. It's a myth....

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Neognosis View Post
    What year is your harley davidson, and is the engine rubber mounted or counter-ballanced?

i ride a modern HD sportster, and wear my automatics on it.i havent noticed any ill effects... but none of my manuals say not to ride a motorcycle while wearing it, either.
    I ride a street bob it has rubber mounts on the motor so it shakes at idle but smooths out once I take off. Here is the page in the manual. I just would hate to damage any of my pieces with somthing as simple as not wearing one while I ride or just keeping it in my breast pocket
    Attached Images Attached Images

For the first few days i had my first automatic, i took it off put it in my jacket pocket... but then i figured there was more of a chance that i drop it on the sidewalk taking it on and off. So i just wear whatever automatic i have at the time.

I rode 5000 miles last season commuting to work, wearing my oris almost every time, and it kept cosc the whole time, and still is.... so i don’t know what to think.if it is in the manual.... then again...

I've been riding for over 20 years. I commute daily in all weather. I currently ride with my Sub.

I have ridden in temps from 17* to 105*. In sunshine and torrential rain.

I have a 2007 Sportster 1200C that I have ridden multi-thousand mile trips with. Went from Philadelphia to Beverly Hills, Florida this summer. And back.

I probably wouldn't wear a Patek Calatrava (I don't currently have one) in poor weather while riding. That said, I would with any reasonably waterproof watch. I have not had any issues wearing a mechanical watch while riding.
    You're either qualified or not qualified

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information