Wedding gift
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Wedding gift

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2

    Wedding gift

    Hi, I'm looking to buy my husband to be a watch around the 2.5-3k mark as a wedding gift. I know nothing about watches! Which brands should I be looking at in terms of quality for this price mark? I'm looking at a leather strap watch - so far I've seen a Mont Blanc, omega and a tag one I like but I'm open to anything that will be a worthy buy! Please can anyone help me and recommend a brand? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    288

    Re: Wedding gift

    If you're planning to buy new I can confidently say that in my personal opinion you can't get better than Omega in that price point. they're sturdy, versatile, beautiful, historic, and all around great accurate mechanical watches. good luck in your search
    jmorski and SeanoftheDead516 like this.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    288

    Re: Wedding gift

    Quote Originally Posted by ThymeKeeper View Post
    If you're planning to buy new I can confidently say that in my personal opinion you can't get better than Omega in that price point. they're sturdy, versatile, beautiful, historic, and all around great accurate mechanical watches. good luck in your search
    by the way this is coming from someone who owns a Tag
    SeanoftheDead516 likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    423
    Is your husband into watches?

    Does he wear a watch now? What is it? This could help the community understand his style.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade87 View Post
    Hi, I'm looking to buy my husband to be a watch around the 2.5-3k mark as a wedding gift. I know nothing about watches! Which brands should I be looking at in terms of quality for this price mark? I'm looking at a leather strap watch - so far I've seen a Mont Blanc, omega and a tag one I like but I'm open to anything that will be a worthy buy! Please can anyone help me and recommend a brand? Thanks in advance.
    The three brands you mention are all reputable.

    Omega is the best brand of those three in my opinion.

  7. #6
    Member imaCoolRobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    12,660

    Re: Wedding gift

    2.5 to 3k mark
    leather strap

    get a NOMOS
    Perseus likes this.
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    423
    Tudor is another brand you might consider at that price point.

    Tudor is the downmarket brand of Rolex (the Toyota to Rolex's Lexus) and are typically sold by the same stores that sell Rolex.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    176

    Re: Wedding gift

    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeDrinker View Post
    Tudor is another brand you might consider at that price point.

    Tudor is the downmarket brand of Rolex (the Toyota to Rolex's Lexus) and are typically sold by the same stores that sell Rolex.
    Agreed... Tudor or Omega.

  10. #9
    Member rfortson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    10,403

    Re: Wedding gift

    Very nice of you. Longines, Omega, TAG, Tudor, all are nice watches. Avoid the calls you'll soon see here to buy used. For a wedding present, make it new from a dealer.

    In fact, you could do a little scouting around first, and then take your future spouse to the dealer to buy the watch together. That could make it more memorable.

    Congratulations and good luck!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    MisterV and SeanoftheDead516 like this.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    16

    Re: Wedding gift

    He's a lucky man! There are so many types of watches, it's hard to pick without a bit more information.

    Does he already wear a watch and what does he wear? Does he dress casually at work or wear a suit every day? What is his build like?

    Otherwise, in terms of the brands you mentioned, I'd say Omega would be a good choice. Can't go wrong with a Speedmaster or a Seamaster, and the Aqua Terra would be a great versatile watch as well.

    The upcoming Tudor Black Bay 58 would be a nice choice for a versatile everyday watch as well.

    On the dressier side if you want something on a leather strap, Nomos would be good too, assuming he is a fan of the German Bauhaus aesthetic.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Wedding gift
      By Vjusuf in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: June 8th, 2009, 02:44
    2. Help for wedding gift...
      By various121 in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: August 4th, 2008, 21:39
    3. $500-$1000 Wedding gift for the Groom: Longines Presence?
      By pjmaxm in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: May 9th, 2008, 20:10
    4. Wedding Gift (him/her) any sugestions?
      By soundood in forum Omega
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: April 19th, 2008, 11:53
    5. soliciting opinions on a wedding gift...
      By driven_247 in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: March 29th, 2006, 23:09

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •