Wedding watch
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Wedding watch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wedding watch

Hello everybody,
    Next year I'm getting married and I'm starting to think about the watch I'm going to wear. Few things I'd like yo mention. Nobody in my surroundings knows watches and my bride to be is more annoyed than anything else when I talk to her about watches SO I would like it to be very discreet and must be under my sleeve (i don't believe in screaming and flashy watches that can draw someone's attention from the subject - the bride in this case). The other thing is that I really don't want to spend more than 250 bucks, I believe there are many good watches for this price, especially when I'll be the only one that gets a tiny smile knowing it's on my wrist st. I'm uploading 2 photos of the watch I'm wearing this week for size example - 40mm case 43 with crown, 11 or 12 tall - orient FAF05001T0. Is like it to be black or white dial since I'll be wearing a black suit. I don't know about any other colours at this point so clean and simple...
    Auto or quartz, leather or mesh or bracelet - doesn't matter, just classy. I really like the look of orient star classic or carbon dial, orient monarch, sarb033,orient millennium or vintage (FFD0F004W) and for example tisell bauhaus. Plese give me suggestions :) cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Wedding watch

Orient Bambino which is available in several colours. Some examples are

And my oersonal favourite bambino colourway
    Last edited by Gunnar_917; November 23rd, 2017 at 11:44.

The SARB035/33 as you said is also killer. The 35 dial varies from white, to off white, to cream to silver depending on the light. It’s mostly an off white though.

My pick would be the 35 but then spend about $50-100 for a custom leather strap from Etsy. The bracelet is okay for everyday use but a nice strap would make the watch look a lot dressier
    Name:  30383C70-C39F-47A0-B31A-569652F7BB08.jpeg
Views: 247
Size:  1.19 MB
    Last edited by Gunnar_917; November 23rd, 2017 at 11:50.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for the answer, but as much as I like the design of the sarb, if I get one and a quality strap , as you say , it will go at around 400$ which is about double what I would like to spend... I was wondering about something with similar aestetics, it's not that important to have the mini-grand seiko quality, I'm really careful with my watches so I never get them bumped or scratched... I just want something a bit interesting for me and maybe a bit unusual too :)

I have 3 offerings. All Swiss. All quartz. 2 slightly over budget, 1 a bit under budget.
    Name:  Screenshot_20171123-091333.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  204.3 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20171123-092046.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  225.2 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20171123-091642.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  198.1 KB

That tissot looks very nice, everything is right what I want. The hamilton is more tool...ish I feel and wold be better for another less formal occasion. Thank you for the suggestion.
    HammyMan37 likes this.

Banned

Your talking to the right person here. All but two of my collection are very well made reasonably priced time pieces (the other two are quite expensive). There really are many makes that you can consider, including Seiko, Orient, Stuhrling, some Invictas, etc etc etc. Having owned, bought and sold watches in my opinion the best value for money, accompanied by the widest range, are Parnis. They are available on Amazon, eBay, and their direct site. However, here is a link yo where I buy mine. They are very well priced, offer a great range, and are super reliable. Oh, and no I don't work for them

Parnis corgeut Watches mywatchcode

Here is what I did...

We as guys buy our wives nice and expensive diamond rings. We in return get a gold band that at most cost a fraction of their ring. So I joked that my future bride should get me a watch as that would create a level and even playing field...

She didn’t say much but long behold she surprised me with this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    badindianswamp and mleok like this.

Love your price point OP, if the marriage lasts a long time that watch will appreciate with sentimental value, if it doesn?t well you can toss it in the ocean along with any bad memories.

Bulova has a nice auto that fits your criteria.

Would you consider vintage? Or just new watches?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information