Wedding Watches for Groomsmen

Thread: Wedding Watches for Groomsmen

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Question Wedding Watches for Groomsmen

I'm getting married in a few months and am considering getting all my groomsmen watches as gifts. Anyone have any good ideas for mechanical sub $600-$400 watches that are

Swiss Mechanical
    Sporty / Military in Nature
    Relatively good lume / water resistance
    From a smaller manufacturer with good reliability / service
    :thanks

Re: Wedding Watches for Groomsmen

Great idea....I thought about this before too. I'd give away pieces from my collection. I know, it can be hard to part with some cool watches especially to someone who may not be so into watches (yet). So, giving away something brand new in box, like you are doing, seems to be a good idea.

Too bad you're not open to a seiko...the skx007/skx009s are great looking and definitely have military use in their heritage.

U might wanna check out Luminox and Hamilton. Luminox is linked to the Navy Seals n has good lume but the affordable ones are mostly quartz. Hamilton issued watches during WWII n has some affordable automatics.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not sure if your into G-shocks, but this member is a fan. Got his 8 groomsmen a g-shock. Very cool read and pics. link below.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ches+groomsmen

Nice idea for groomsmen, depends on your taste and theme.
    Congrats and good luck. ;)
    Dave.
    Last edited by sharkfin; July 12th, 2010 at 09:22.

Check out Wilson Watch Works. They seem to fit all of your criteria. If not your cup of tea, then go for Seiko!
    Best,
    Aaron

Only trying to purchase keepers... The key word is trying.

Can I ask the burning question - whats your budget?

Cheers!

EDIT: Sorry, should have read your post a bit slower - interrupted sleep dreaming of my next acquisition!
    Last edited by DEP21; July 12th, 2010 at 10:07. Reason: seen the information requested

Quote Originally Posted by DEP21 View Post
    Can I ask the burning question - whats your budget?

Cheers!
    1st post.

Hamilton Khaki Field watches. They got handsome classic looks and reliable ETA movements. They can even be worn with the tux at the wedding!

Hi,

I would also suggest the military style Hamilton Khaki which comes in a few versions that fall into your budget. An American brand owned by the Swatch Group, they all run ETA movements in auto guise. For a similar look (pilot) from another company in Germany that comes recommended on here, try a Stowa Flieger/Airman; an original for $630. As an alternative, Junkers (of military and civil aircraft builder fame) offer this:

http://www.longislandwatch.com/image...rs/6272M-5.jpg)
    with the same ETA movement retailing at one of this site's sponsors for $469.

The deciding factor between the Hamiltons/Stowas/Junkers is water resistance. The first are rated up to 200m (I ahve not checked every model) whereas the other two marques are rated 50m.

For sports watches, after reading about them on here and researching a bit, I am considering a Boschett (another US-based independent company) Reef Ranger ($550), which look great and are water resistant to 300m! I know they're not as dressy as the military style watches but for groomsmen, would definitely be stand-out pieces at the wedding. Especially in orange Their customer service seems top-class and I am sure when they hear what you need the watches for, they will look after you. For something a little more rounded, Boschett make the Ocean Mariner ($595) which is along the submariner design lines.

Both the Stowa and the Boschetts run ETA 2824 engines so they will be reliable and accurate and the different styles will be a matter of taste. One thing I would guess though, is the fact that the Reef Ranger seems the kind of watch one would wear in any situation and they could end up getting more wrist time on your groomsmen than the others in daily life
    Last edited by DEP21; July 12th, 2010 at 13:35. Reason: seeing double, prices on Boschetts corrected

Débaufré Ocean-1, $465. I don't even like divers and I think this thing is amazing value for money. The only problem I can foresee is if your groomsmen have trouble pronouncing l'accent aigu é. I remember watching a Youtube review where the reviewer pronounced the brand name as "Duh-Boh-Fray". I cringed throughout.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ztxDHlK57k

Quote Originally Posted by Vic-20
    Swiss Mechanical
    Sporty / Military in Nature
    Relatively good lume / water resistance
    From a smaller manufacturer with good reliability / service
    Check
    Check
    Check
    Check
    Last edited by AndrewSo; July 12th, 2010 at 15:14.
    "...[A] watch isn’t about telling the time, it is about your relationship with time. A watch is about style, a story and the history of both your watch and your own life."
    -Askmen.com's The Watch Snob

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information