Weekend vs. month?

View Poll Results: Save, stretch or stand pat?

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Save for a Sub (next season)

11 61.11%
  • Acquire an Omega (mid season)

5 27.78%
  • Play the current rotation

2 11.11%
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Weekend vs. month?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Weekend vs. month?

As the pharmacist explained to the young man who asked about the different package options when selecting a condom

Singles - aka Teenager - Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it
    Three pack - aka College Man - One for Friday night, one for Saturday night and one for Sunday afternoon
    Dozen - aka Married Man - One for January, one for February...

Not that I'm trying to replace anything as I pass mid-field (50) but there may be a correlation?

For years had a lone TAG 6000 18K but the bracelet needed repair. Found WUS doing a search in January and suddenly felt naked

Got the part and also pick up a couple extra watches in the sales forum to "tide me over" until the repairs were competed, graduating to the weekender rank by February.

Never one to ascribe to "if one is enough and two is too many than three is just right" I continued to peek into the sales forum form time to time and now own 6 watches with 3 more on the way. Looks like March is a marrying month.

Proud as can be of the little family but with opening day just around the corner in April the team lacks a true #1. Would love a Rolex Sub but cannot get in under the cap, even used. Might be able to swing a used PO or Speedy but each one is a like not love.

Will keep looking at the sales forum but want to ask here, best to save for a Rolex (next season), try to pick up a used Omega before the trading deadline or play the 9?

Banned

Re: Weekend vs. month?

Are we related? Baseball analogies for watches - my kind of thread! (Of course Janne will chime in about the first subject.) Watch season is firing on all 8 cylinders right now (yes, we do plenty of car analogies too) so if you have the means then acquire an ace for your rotation this season. If you buy pre-owned, which it sounds like you do, you can wear the Omega a year while you save for the Sub and then sell it for virtually no loss to finish funding the Rolex.
    kingk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    Are we related? Baseball analogies for watches - my kind of thread! (Of course Janne will chime in about the first subject.) Watch season is firing on all 8 cylinders right now (yes, we do plenty of car analogies too) so if you have the means then acquire an ace for your rotation this season. If you buy pre-owned, which it sounds like you do, you can wear the Omega a year while you save for the Sub and then sell it for virtually no loss to finish funding the Rolex.
    Sounds like a great plan to me!
    Cheers,
    Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mike120 View Post
    Sounds like a great plan to me!
    That's my tried & true method for achieving higher WISdom. Been doing it for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by peatnick View Post
    Funny, you guys agree on a plan but vote differently, clearly a sign of weak polling skills by the OP (me) :)
    You'll get the hang of it. Besides, poorly thought out polls with incomplete options are part of the charm of the Public Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    Baseball analogies for watches - my kind of thread!
    I was wondering why I didn't understand any of the original post. Er... I would play the 9... probably.

Quote Originally Posted by brummyjon View Post
    I was wondering why I didn't understand any of the original post.
    Perhaps you could help us come up with some cricket analogies...

As for the OP, I would just save until you get what you really want. Otherwise if you settle, you will continue to lust.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Quote Originally Posted by brandon\ View Post
    Perhaps you could help us come up with some cricket analogies...

As for the OP, I would just save until you get what you really want. Otherwise if you settle, you will continue to lust.
    Lust never sleeps ...

Save for that sub! If the sub is what you really want, and it's within reach in only a year's time...that's the one to go for. Heck, if I was one year away from my grail, I'd be doing cartwheels. Though they would be pensive cartwheels because I'm all distracted by white/silver dial watches and I don't know what I'd do if the $$ just fell in my lap tomorrow morning.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

If you're at all like me, 'settling' will only tide you over for a while. (days, months?)

You'll ultimately end up with the Sub.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information