Well, I just got something I didn't think I'd ever see make a come back - Eterna
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Well, I just got something I didn't think I'd ever see make a come back - Eterna

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Well, I just got something I didn't think I'd ever see make a come back - Eterna

So I went to one of my local AD's. They carry Tutima, GS, Ball, Astron, Mondaine, Muhle Glaschutte, Mido, Oris, Glycene, Perrelet, etc. They had an event today with reps from most of the major brands and I got to speak to many of them I really liked the new offerings from Tutima. I was even impressed by U-boat and I have never been a fan of that brand. So, as I am cruising around, I notice that they added Eterna, well, I use to be a huge fan of the super kontiki of the mid 90's. So I talked to the rep and he showed me some of their new watches. He pulled out a few, but I noticed one he did not pull out that cought my eye. I asked about it and so he pulls it out. Well, needless to say, I did not go there to buy anything. And here it is on it's new wrist:

I absolutely love the retro style of this watch. It also comes with the mesh bracelet, which is infinitely adjustable and the rep is going to ship me the bracelet as well.

Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I am.
    MediumRB, Nutty28, GlennO and 27 others like this.
    "In the Eighties we were so amazingly primitive we still thought digital watches were a pretty neat idea."

Re: Well, I just got something I didn't think I'd ever see make a come back - Eterna

Looks good! Is Eterna a Chinese company now? Thought I read that somewhere, but I see it says Swiss Made on the dial.
    Stellite likes this.

Re: Well, I just got something I didn't think I'd ever see make a come back - Eterna

Quote Originally Posted by Time Exposure View Post
    Looks good! Is Eterna a Chinese company now? Thought I read that somewhere, but I see it says Swiss Made on the dial.
    Eterna and a few other brands have been purchased by a Chinese company. The brand itself is Swiss like it has been, nothing has changed in that aspect.

LVMH is French. Does that mean that all of the watch brands under it now are French? Obviously, no. Isn't Richemont owned by a South African?
    Ovalteenie likes this.
    "In the Eighties we were so amazingly primitive we still thought digital watches were a pretty neat idea."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stellite View Post
    Eterna and a few other brands have been purchased by a Chinese company. The brand itself is Swiss like it has been, nothing has changed in that aspect.
    Like Corum.

So, kind of like my Jaguar car is owned by Tata Motors India, but still made in England?
    pesfunk likes this.

So, kind of like my Jaguar car is owned by Tata Motors India, but still made in England?
    God, I hope so. I would hate to think that you paid Jaguar prices for a Tata, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    Like Corum.
    And isn't there another one as well?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stellite View Post
    And isn't there another one as well?
    Titoni?

Banned

Eterna and Corum are now controlled by a Chinese consortium, that doesn't mean they are made in china, because they aren't they are still made in Switzerland and are Swiss made. They even have their own in house movements.
    Stellite likes this.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Nice watch. I haven't seen that version of the Super Kontiki. I wish Eterna would make a decision to get back seriously into the North American market. They're everywhere in Europe and Asia but have less than 10 dealers in North America. It sucks having to import all my Eternas from outside of the country.
    Stellite likes this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information