Wenger LED nomad or Victorinox Chrono classic with blue dial?

Thread: Wenger LED nomad or Victorinox Chrono classic with blue dial?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wenger LED nomad or Victorinox Chrono classic with blue dial?

Hi, new here. Im looking at buying a new watch and have narrowed it down to either the Wenger led nomad or the Victorinox chrono classic with the blue dial. Does anybody have any opinions on which is the best out of the two?
    Thanks

Re: Wenger LED nomad or Victorinox Chrono classic with blue dial?

I usually hear that Victorinox makes better watches (and knives, but that's a different story) than Wenger. I owned a Wenger a while back and was not overly satisfied... It seemed to drain batteries very quickly compared to my Seiko Chronograph (The Wenger wasn't a chrono)- like VERY quickly. Batteries only lasted a couple months in it. I've never owned a Victorinox, but based on my experience with my Wenger (which I bought before I was a WIS, by the way), I wouldn't be quick to suggest the brand.

Best,
    Max
    Last edited by Mr. Panerai; December 25th, 2012 at 00:57.

Ok then thanks, I think the battery issue would annoy me. At the moment I am wearing a Timex Expedition that is my sort of stand in watch that I've had for years and I would like something a bit nicer, but maybe also tough but that is a low requirement as I still have the Timex for rough stuff.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

They are the same company now, I believe.

i have one of each, and like them both - but they will get replaced by something nicer (and mechanical) when i find something suitable.

Have you thought about a Seiko, or even a Steinhart? They make great watches for the money, that could take a good beating if need be.
    Last edited by Mr. Panerai; December 25th, 2012 at 01:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Panerai View Post
    Have you thought about a Seiko, or even a Steinhart? They make great watches for the money, that could take a good beating if need be.
    But like you said you could just use your Timex... Also check out some Hamiltons.

I personally think a Steinhart Dive watch (Ocean 1) would do the trick well, maybe a whisker above your budget, but they house a nice ETA (2824?) automatic movement, I think that's an option worth giving some consideration if you wanna go a bit nicer.

I have the blue classic chrono, and it's a nice watch. Nice case, pretty blue dial, sturdy and well-made. It's my go-to quartz.

Oh jeez just seen the Ocean 1 vintage red, you might have just killed the Vic Mr panerai. Gonna have a look at the Hamiltons, looking around here they seem respected. I've looked at the Seikos and there is nothing that really catches my eye.
    Yes I heard that Vic and Wenger were now both Vic.

I own a Wenger Commando Dual Time. I have also looked at many Victorinox watches. Here is the run down:

1. Vicky owns Wenger now. Victorinox is a notch above the Wengers, and therefore you pay for it.
    2. I have been very happy with my Commando, although there are a few fit and finish issues, commensurate with its price.
    3. I have had the same battery in my Wenger for going on four years now. I do know that I have a quartz Benrus watch that eats batteries because the movement needs to be replaced/overhauled.
    4. This would come down to an aethetics choice for me. In other words, my opinion is both will serve you well, and you are unlikely to have any more issues with a Wenger than with a Victorinox.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Roller.959; December 25th, 2012 at 01:32.

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information