Westclox Electronic case...how do you open it??

Thread: Westclox Electronic case...how do you open it??

Westclox Electronic case...how do you open it??

Hey everyone, I have a dumb question. I have a Westclox Electronic wristwatch, Im needing to get to the movement but I have no idea on how to open the case. Sorry for the ignorance, but I dont want to force anything and the case is different than what Ive seen before. Its my first electromechanical so I dont want to break anything. The case has a small screw off opening for battery installment similar to picture I have provided. Thanks for any help!

Name:  $(KGrHqUOKjEE6dHWKSbGBOvd9yDEj!~~60_12.JPG
Views: 224
Size:  35.7 KBAttachment 568202Attachment 568208
    Last edited by ChilinInTime; December 1st, 2011 at 05:29.

Re: Westclox Electronic case...how do you open it??

Assuming it opens from the back, looks like a pressfit/snapback case. Also looks pretty tight, you gotta case knife? If you can't jimmy something in there or find a spot where you can get some leverage, I'd go to a jeweler and ask for an assist. Maybe lean over their shoulder as well, lest they dent or rip metal on your case, trying too hard to force it off (yes had this happen once a long time ago, the jeweler was a dope and I should have known better).

yeah, i might just have to go that route. Someone has also told me I need a crystal lift for this case... Well, I guess off to the jewlers I go... but they break...they buy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ChilinInTime View Post
    yeah, i might just have to go that route. Someone has also told me I need a crystal lift for this case... Well, I guess off to the jewlers I go... but they break...they buy!
    Yeah that's why I asked about opening from back or front. If from the front, even more dicey, can easily crack the crystal, even minor damage to the edge or lip will ruin it for good, it'll never fit right and you can get all kinds of stuff inside the case if it's off even a little bit. I think jeweler is the way to go, should be pretty cheap.

I agree with the fragility of the crystal.I have no idea if it opens from back or front, some people Ive asked have said the back is removable but is really tight and I need a press to close back up (like you mentioned) and some say I need a crystal lift. So now that ive been perplexed, Ill go the pro's route. Thanks again for responding, Metals.

Thread Information