What % of your collectionis actively worn?

View Poll Results: What % of your collection worn regularly

Voters
119. This poll is closed
  • Each and every one of them!

36 30.25%
  • About 75% get regular use.

29 24.37%
  • Half see my wrist on.

28 23.53%
  • 25% get used.

14 11.76%
  • 2 or 3 max get used.

8 6.72%
  • One and one only. I'm free of the addiction.

4 3.36%

Thread: What % of your collectionis actively worn?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm in the process of downsizing my modest collection in order to buy a "real/expensive" watch as my 40th is fast approaching (ok a year in August but I need time to save) and I was surprised at how few I actually wear 'cos I want to. The others do get worn but only because I've not had them on for a while and I feel that it's time that they are due some action. I had until recently about 18 or so watches but I reckon only 4 or 5 get worn regularly, another 4 occassionally and the others only when I feel guilty about not using them. Makes it easy to decide which ones to shift . I will get it down to 11 - the magic number! Then all will be used on a semi regular basis at least.

So what % of your collection do you use on a regular/occassional/never basis. You got 365 watches and wear them once - that could be considered regular for this. What's your bias or have you reached stage 4?
    Last edited by Campbell; March 12th, 2008 at 12:51.

Re: What % of your collectionis actively worn?

I have a few I rotate and wear. mainly I'll keep 3 on the winders and one to wear for the day, and also leave a quartz in my car in case I forget to put on a watch when leaving the house. most of mine are never worn though. they are limited editions and as such require they stay untouched.

I wear all of them bar one and that's the gold Omega Megaquartz I bought, as it's in just too good a condition to be worn, as I'd be sure to bash it and ruin it's museum like condition.

All the others get worn to some extent if only, like my 69 Speedmaster, once a month and then very carefully!
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cant be more than 25% for me

No way :-D lol

Re: Cant be more than 25% for me

All of them! I won't buy it if it's not going to be worn and enjoyed!

I wear all of them...

I dont' use winders. When I rotate, I just pull them out and wind em up.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    ....in case I forget to put on a watch when leaving the house
    I can't comprehend this statement. it would be more likely that I left the house without pants on. Each morning I check for my glasses, keys, phone, wallet and watch. I put them all on when I get dressed, and keep them by me until I get into bed.

As for %, I am batting .555. I never where my pocket watches, but only about 4-5 of my 9 wrist watches see regular wrist time. My Omega, Fortis, and Carrera see about 80%, with one of my two quartz Victorinox's seeing my wrist about once a week. My Seiko Spirit might get a little more wrist time once I find a strap that really works well with me and the watch. Right now, I love the dial, but haven't found the perfect strap(s) yet. I can't remember the last time I wore one of the others. It kills me to say this, but I might sell them if I ever decide to acquire another watch.

Pocket: 1921 Elgin 313 / 1946 Hamilton 992B Railway Special
    Wrist: Omega Speedmaster Date (3210.50), Tag Heuer Carrera Twin-Time,Seiko Spirit SCVS0123, Fortis Pilot Pro PVD, Armani Dress, Swatch Irony Auto Skeleton, Victorinox Chrono Classic, Victorinox Maverick II.

I wear them all. Granted, my collection isn't as large as a lot of you guys but I rotate all of them.
    Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

At one point I was up to about 20 watches as I tried to find out what I truly enjoyed. As time went by, I found that some were seldom (or never) being rotated, so they got sold off.

I'm down to 11, and will continue the thinning process as I've still got a few that seldom get out. I find myself wearing the DOXA 750T most of the time, the Seiko 6309 on occasion, and the G, the Festina, and the 'Zilla coming out a few times a month.

I figure I'll be down to about 6 or 8 by the time it's all said and done.

It's a nice dream, isn't it?

Cheers!
    Bill
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

Let's see, the Big 3 -- my Kobold, Rolex, and Panerai -- see the most action, followed by my Ikepod. After that, most of the watches stay in their drawer. In addition to the ones in my sig, I've got a bunch of vintage pocket watches and vintage dress watches (Elgin, Bulova, Benrus...).

As such, I'd say that less than half of my collection sees serious wrist action.

Regards,
    Adam
    DW-002BM-8, DW-003R-9T, DW-5600BB-1ER, DW-5600GLRZ2, DW-5600GRLZM, DW-5700BE, DW-5700SF2, DW-6900-7BUFF, DW-6900MT-7ER, DW-6900CL-4CR, DW-6900KR-8JR, DW-6900FS, DW-6901UD-3ER, DW-8800AB-9T, DW-9100BJ-2A, G-001BE, GA-110DR-1A, GA-111DR-7A, GA-120BB, GD-X6900AL-2, GD-X6900-7TY2, GD-X6900JC, GD-X6900MNM, GD-X6900MH, GDF-100BB, GLX-150-4DR, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000TFG-9, GPR-B1000TLC-1JR, GPW-2000, GST-B100D-1A, GST-200RBG, GT-100, GW-5000-1JF, GW-5530C, GW-9400-1ER, GW-9400-3ER, GW-9430EJ-9JR, GW-9400KJ, GW-9401KJ, GWG-1000, GWM-5600TH-1, GWN-Q1000, GXW-56-3JF, GXW-56-4JF, GXW-56BB-1JF

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information