What the ?

Thread: What the ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What the ?

I was in a meeting yesterday and I looked around and noticed that 3 of the 7 guys in that meeting were wearing their watches with the dial on the inside of their wrist (opposite the normal way of wearing a watch). Besides the fact that this drives me absolutely crazy when someone wears their watch like this, I wondered if more and more men are starting to think this is the "proper" or maybe "cool" way to wear their watches. Anyone else notice a rise in this?

Greg

Re: What the ?

I thought only girls wear it this way
    Chopard Mille Miglia Titanium Ref 8915 | Ω Constellation Chronograph 1542.30 | Breitling Chrono Avenger M1 (YELLOW) E73360 | Breitling Chrono Avenger M1 (GREY) E73360 | Breitling Aerospace E79362 Blue "Tuxedo" | Tag Heuer 2000 Multigraph WK111A

Breitling Wings A10350
    | Breitling Blackbird EDITION SPECIALE (COSC) A13353 | Ω SMP 300m Chronograph (Ti/Blue dial) 2298.80|Ω SMP 300m (Red dial) 2552.61 |Ω SMP 300m 2252.50 | Ω Aqua Terra 2504.30 | Breitling Chrono Colt SQ A73350

i've seen it a few times. i'm sure someone will come on here and tell you the reason he wears it this way, and it's good for him. but, in my opinion, it looks kind of feminine.
    --AC

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I know that sometimes guys in the military wear their watches this wear, but it's for reasons that have nothing to do with fashion.

If my clasp has a bunch of desk diving swirls I can only imagine how my bezel would look if i wore my watch like that.
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR "Batman"
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3573.50
    Omega Seamaster Cosmic c.1968
    Oris Williams F1 Day/Date
    Oris LE 1945 Flight Timer
    Stowa Marine Original
    Stowa 2801 HW Flieger
    Longines Conquest Heritage
    Longines Grande Vitesse GMT Chrono
    Longines Hydroconquest Blue
    Longines 1972 Vintage
    Seiko SKX009
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Dual Time

Friends don't let friends buy Invicta

the land of a million corrupt govt officials

I've seen some people wearing their watch like this.

From what I've seen, there are 2 characteristics with this: older men (around 40-50 y/o) and a slightly smaller watch (less than 40mm d).
    "Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in changing fortunes of time." -Max Ehrmann, 1929

Hamilton: ETO | SWAT MultiTouch
    Citizen Minute Repeater BL9000
    Casio: G-Shock G-7710 | Wave Ceptor WVQ-200 | F-91W
    National Geographic Mega Diver 1000m
    Artron Automatic

I tried it with the Panerai. Man, it just feels (and looks) so wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by gdaniel View Post
    I was in a meeting yesterday and I looked around and noticed that 3 of the 7 guys in that meeting were wearing their watches with the dial on the inside of their wrist (opposite the normal way of wearing a watch). Besides the fact that this drives me absolutely crazy when someone wears their watch like this, I wondered if more and more men are starting to think this is the "proper" or maybe "cool" way to wear their watches. Anyone else notice a rise in this?

Greg
    It looks not so much feminine as a bit silly in most settings. I've heard a couple of guys say it protects the crystal and face when in a work environment. It might make reading the dial a bit easier when driving if your hands are at 9:00 and 3:00 or thereabout.

I usually wear my watch normally on my left wrist, but if you were to wear it upside down on the bottom it is easier to check the time without giving away that your looking at your watch. So if you are at the board meeting and bored [no pun intended] you can check out the time without offending the boss

For the most part, ppl wear it that way to reduce the chances of the crystal getting scratches.

During my short military training stint, some of us wore it that way so that we could still keep track of time when gripping the hand-guard of the rifle at an alert position.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information