What about Perrelet?
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What about Perrelet?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What about Perrelet?

Hey guys,I just liked one of Perrelet watches and wanna get one. Is it worth the price and what would you recommend?
    Last edited by Tiko Gyulkhasyan; June 25th, 2013 at 16:46.

Re: What about Perrelet?

I have one turbine, and its an awesome timepiece and incredibly well finished.

(sorry, only have iphone photos)
    Robotaz likes this.
    Montblanc Timewalker GMT - Edox Class 1 Daydate - Unity Jules Verne limited edition (bronze) - Perrelet Turbine

From what I can tell, they make well finished watches at a fair price. Their brand history is manufactured and their claims that their brand dates back to Abraham Louis Perrelet in 1777 is about as ridiculous as if I claimed to have invented the noodle since I ate them for lunch. That said, they have some innovative designs and I think this is a brand on the rise.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    From what I can tell, they make well finished watches at a fair price. Their brand history is manufactured and their claims that their brand dates back to Abraham Louis Perrelet in 1777 is about as ridiculous as if I claimed to have invented the noodle since I ate them for lunch. That said, they have some innovative designs and I think this is a brand on the rise.
    Indeed. They have some interesting designs facilitated by interesting movements (well, for example DD modules atop base ETAs- more interesting than just a 2824 though) which allows for complications like big dates, off-centre main dials etc. Better value then barely/modified plain ETAs from other players, still more expensive than microbrands like Chr Ward. And there are discounts to be had from MSRP.

This brand dont use ETAs, they have they're own movement (A10) in the past they uses ETAS. The A10 from Soprod (a company Of the same group) accept a lot of modifications and modules. Sure another forum user can say more about it.
    Montblanc Timewalker GMT - Edox Class 1 Daydate - Unity Jules Verne limited edition (bronze) - Perrelet Turbine

Quote Originally Posted by sharlywan View Post
    This brand dont use ETAs, they have they're own movement (A10) in the past they uses ETAS. The A10 from Soprod (a company Of the same group) accept a lot of modifications and modules. Sure another forum user can say more about it.
    My bad - soprod - not eta (though I gather that they're muchly the same along with sellita, no?)

What i have read is that the Soprod caliber is an awesome one, and its a completely new development. I think a lot of brands will use it in the future. I have the turbine and i love it.

I think Perrelet hold its own in the market. Their design is something unique in that price range and I do like some of their double rotor offerings. The price isn't unrealistic and from the reviews I have read, they perform very well and has very good finish.

Did you have a particular model in mind?
    AP ROO Montauk Highway 26187ST.OO.D801CR.01
    G-Shock Sky Cockpit GW-3000M-4AER

Perrelet makes a great watch. Cool designs, and very good finishing. Movements nowadays are the Soprod A10 which is similar to ETA 2892 (what they used in the past). The A10 movement was built from the ground up and took many years of development. Both movements are upscale mass produced movements which are very robust and costs less to service. Movements are all nicely decorated, not just stock versions. Their DLC coatings are some of the best in the business. Turbine dials must be appreciated in person, very unique.

I owned a Double Rotor for a couple of months and it was a really cool watch. As mentioned, the finishing was of high quality. Got more comments on the watch than on any other timepiece I've owned. I would recommend buying second hand since they seem to be available at significant discounts in comparison to their MSRP. Sorry for the horrible pic but that is the only one I still have in my files.

Name:  perreletface2.jpg
Views: 1524
Size:  65.9 KB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information