What to buy
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What to buy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What to buy

Hi all, my first post here so will give a short intro.

I am in my late 20's, in marketing and only owned one cheap (€100) watch so far. Bought it a year back to see if I would like wearing one. I ve been upgrading my wardrope recent years and also looked for better watches.

First I looked at a tissot visodate, hamilton jazzmaster view or a certina ds one as a nice dress watch. Did not pull the trigger on any of them and staryed to look in a higher priceclass, pre owned speedmaster. I also like the new rolex op but for €4500 a bit to much at this moment..

Do you guys have any alternative maybe for the price range up to 2500? Or should i just save a couple of months more for a new rolex op?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

Check out the grand seiko's or just save a bit more for your target, Christmas is in the air go get that rolex op as a Christmas gift to yourself. Cheers
    Last edited by manila07; September 27th, 2015 at 23:39.

Re: What to buy

My suggestion would be to spend some more time poking around on the forum. There's a lot to learn and people's tastes in watches tend to evolve as they're exposed to more information. Although, you'd certainly do well to save up for a Speedmaster or Rolex.
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashütte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Save up a bit and get a pre-owned Rolex.

Another consideration: you're upgrading your wardrobe; I presume this means your work situation is improving, and suggesting/dictating this.

I would suggest, pick the watch that you see as matching the level of your wardrobe...either at its current level, OR, if you can reasonably anticipate further improvement in your work situation, what it may well become.

You may want to consider 2 watches...one for everyday, another for those 'special' business meetings that get your boss's boss nervous. :) That is, if you actually have to attend them.

There are numerous great watches available in the price range, especially if you consider pre-owned. If you like the cleaner dial designs of Rolex, check out the other Omega offerings. You should be able to find a nice Seamaster for your price range. If you prefer a chrono, you could find a pre-owned Chopard Mille Miglia.

If you really like the Rolex OP, check watchrecon.com There may be one on there in your price range.
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Keep saving for the next few months, and in that time read as much WUS as you can, along with other sources (Watchville is a convenient aggregator). You'll find your tastes will likely change dramatically and you'll be glad you waited and got what you really wanted after educating yourself and making your own decision with much more certainty.
    timetraveler73 likes this.
    Instagram: right_wrist

I'd save for the Rolex. It will be worth it, and should you ever change your mind, it will retain more of its value than others...
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

If you only need to save for a few more months to afford a Rolex then it sounds like you are in a pretty good position, so perhaps it's worth it. Maybe also take a look at a Breitling Transocean Day Date, that might float your boat.
    Last edited by timetraveler73; September 28th, 2015 at 05:34.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Michf View Post
    First I looked at a tissot visodate, hamilton jazzmaster view or a certina ds one as a nice dress watch. Did not pull the trigger on any of them and staryed to look in a higher priceclass, pre owned speedmaster. I also like the new rolex op but for €4500 a bit to much at this moment.
    This questions can only be answered by your financial planner. Who knows how much you're making... Probably at this time it should be 1% of your yearly salary. A 20 something year old in marketing wearing a Rolex may not give the correct impression either unless you like to go around with a cigar.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information