What to Buy, What to Buy
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: What to Buy, What to Buy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What to Buy, What to Buy

Greetings all,

Next month I will be paying off my student loans! (Please, please hold the applause.)

I want to celebrate in the best way I can think, purchasing another watch! The problem is, I'm not sure what I want. I was looking through different options, and I thought, why not come here and leave it more open ended.

Here's what I'm looking for:

1. Price range: High end would be around $1000, but I'd prefer it be more in the $500 range.
    2. I'd prefer an automatic movement.
    3. I'm looking at the possibility of a new brand. I have a couple of Seikos, including an orange monster that has been my go-to recently. I also have a couple of Citizens, a Tissot, a Victorinox, a Christopher Ward, and a Hamilton. A (bad) picture of my watch box is below to get an idea of what I already have. If you have a suggestion for one of these brands I'm all ears, though. For my price ranges I know these brands may be my best bet for quality.
    4. I'm open to dress or sport watches, just looking for something that catches my eye.
    5. I have a lot of black face and white face watches. I'm looking for something with a little color.
    6. That being said, quality of brand is far more important to me than how flashy it is.
    7. Any strap is fine as long as it looks nice with the watch.

So that's it guys. Any suggestions welcome or feel free to ignore me and reject my attempts to have the internet community do the leg work on my new watch buying attempt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

WatchNRolla likes this.

Re: What to Buy, What to Buy

Maybe a Longines HydroConquest blue dial?

http://www.amazon.com/Longines-Hydro.../dp/B002FW0X8U
    ScubaDoo likes this.

I'm considering getting of one these Lew & Hueys pretty soon here. It's in your range and definitely has some colour.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

How about the Oris Aquis with orange accents - meets your requirements as long as subtle color is okay, and it's findable at around $1000:

Name:  13904_0173376534158-0742634eb_325x511px.png
Views: 222
Size:  225.1 KB
    nikdanenov, Synequano and ScubaDoo like this.
    “I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.” Umberto Eco

Panerai * Rolex * Omega * Ball * AEgir * Mühle-Glashütte * Oris * Archimede * Seiko * Magrette * Padron

If I had your collection and was looking for something different and with color it would probably be this Acionna. Another L&H and one that I am hoping to own soon. Or check out some other cushion cases. It would probably round out your collection nicely.
    Synequano and ScubaDoo like this.

All great suggestions so far, doing some reading on Lew & Huey, never heard of it before

Quote Originally Posted by SomeAssemblyRequired View Post
    How about the Oris Aquis with orange accents - meets your requirements as long as subtle color is okay, and it's findable at around $1000:

Name:  13904_0173376534158-0742634eb_325x511px.png
Views: 222
Size:  225.1 KB
    SomeAssemblyRequired, one of the watches I was considering is the Seiko Alpinist if I decide not to go with a new brand. What is your opinion on it? Looks gorgeous with the green and gold. I've read that the strap isn't fantastic, but that's replacable.
    Synequano likes this.

I know this is a bit over your range, but it`s a heck of a deal:
    JeanRichard at ashford.com
    Searching JeanRichard | Ashford.com

Name:  60150-11-21B-AN6D_FSA.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  20.0 KB
    Check out the discussion on F2:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/jean...d-2118250.html
    ScubaDoo and Synequano like this.
    #14 and D10S Forever. Gràcies and R.I.P Johan.

#14 and D10S Forever. Gràcies and R.I.P Johan.

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDoo View Post
    SomeAssemblyRequired, one of the watches I was considering is the Seiko Alpinist if I decide not to go with a new brand. What is your opinion on it? Looks gorgeous with the green and gold. I've read that the strap isn't fantastic, but that's replacable.
    The Alpinist is a fine watch for the money ($350 currently). First thing I did though is replace the strap with a green canvas one from Weiss Watch Co., as the original is a lackluster but serviceable brown leather affair. It wears small - 38mm advertised, more like 39mm but still quite compact. Some regard the rotating inner "compass" dial as gimmicky but the details are superb for a watch at this price.

Name:  IMG_1862.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  661.9 KB
    “I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.” Umberto Eco

Panerai * Rolex * Omega * Ball * AEgir * Mühle-Glashütte * Oris * Archimede * Seiko * Magrette * Padron

Quote Originally Posted by SomeAssemblyRequired View Post
    The Alpinist is a fine watch for the money ($350 currently). First thing I did though is replace the strap with a green canvas one from Weiss Watch Co., as the original is a lackluster but serviceable brown leather affair. It wears small - 38mm advertised, more like 39mm but still quite compact. Some regard the rotating inner "compass" dial as gimmicky but the details are superb for a watch at this price.

Name:  IMG_1862.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  661.9 KB
    Thanks. Yeah, I'm a little nervous about the size. I'm a big dude (about 6'4" 240), so it may look a tad small on me at 38-39.
    Last edited by ScubaDoo; July 18th, 2015 at 22:10.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information