What can one expect from a "cheap" watch?

Thread: What can one expect from a "cheap" watch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What can one expect from a "cheap" watch?

I bought these two watches from the U.S. Polo Association store at an outlet. I didn't think they were going to cost this much ($38) but they caught my eye right away and I just had to have them. Being that they cost less than $40, I was thinking that one day they're going to need new batteries and such which could mean taking it to a watch place (I'm no watch expert). But being that they're just cheap watches, I'm not sure if this will all be worth it? Don't get me wrong, I love these watches because of their style and just the way they look, but I'm afraid of them not lasting too long and needing repairs/maintenance, etc. Could anyone give me any advice/suggestions as far as taking care of these watches go? I've included pictures also. What do you guys think? Nice/blah? Please be gentle

Re: What can one expect from a "cheap" watch?

The one on the left looks like a Breitling Emergency knock-off, even down to the bezel. Still, they dont look too bad. Even better considering the price.

Battery will probably last 2 years or so before needing to be replaced. Shouldnt cost more than 10 bucks or so.

stuffler,mike

Well, what can one expect from a cheap watch like those ?

+ will operate for the next two years with the batteries which came with the watch
    + will (hopefully) operate a second run after changing the batteries
    + you will hardly get spare parts (it will be difficult at least)
    + watches have no value for a watch collector, so selling them 2nd hand will be difficult

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

V8

They look good, if you like them that is all that matters. There is really nothing you can do to make them last longer, lower end watches can crap out just sitting in a drawer or they can last forever.

Wear them, enjoy them, when the battery goes, replace it. If the watches ever stop working put it up on the sales forum for $10, there might be some parts there for somebody.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

Nice looking watches. Enjoy them, while they still work...

As a rule, you can expect to get what you pay for.

Theyre not bad looking watches for the price. Ive found with cheap watches that its usually the finish that goes first. After day to day use it doesnt take long for them to look like youve drug them through the dirt.
    Of course having a rotation of watches drastically extends the life and finish... a good reason to buy more watches.

wow...!!!!!! how good is the watch,,, nice looking!!!!!

It doesn't matter if its inexpensive or cheaply made - if you like it, wear it, and if it breaks, just get another one!
    Lots of dive watches.

Quote Originally Posted by iflyimpilot View Post
    I bought these two watches from the U.S. Polo Association store at an outlet. I didn't think they were going to cost this much ($38) but they caught my eye right away and I just had to have them. Being that they cost less than $40, I was thinking that one day they're going to need new batteries and such which could mean taking it to a watch place (I'm no watch expert). But being that they're just cheap watches, I'm not sure if this will all be worth it? Don't get me wrong, I love these watches because of their style and just the way they look, but I'm afraid of them not lasting too long and needing repairs/maintenance, etc. Could anyone give me any advice/suggestions as far as taking care of these watches go? I've included pictures also. What do you guys think? Nice/blah? Please be gentle

You can expect a cheap quartz movement, a low grade bracelet and a scratch able crystal/glass

My Collection --> Click Here

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information