what do people think of the DOXA

Thread: what do people think of the DOXA

what do people think of the DOXA

GMT version??

good bad indifferent>

james

Re: what do people think of the DOXA

Nice, will stand out in a crowd but a bit too busy for me. I like Pams - less is more.

GGD

I'm hanging out to get a GMT Caribbean.... I think they look awesome!

I already have a DOXA 750T Mil Pro and couldn't be happier with the quality and finish of the watch. I expect that the GMT will be just as good if not better.

I know that the GMT has a more solid bracelet than the 750T line which would also be a bonus.

Cheers!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Joukowski View Post
    Nice, will stand out in a crowd but a bit too busy for me. I like Pams - less is more.
    I know what you're saying, but less is more if you want less and wouldn't take advantage of 3 timezones the Doxa GMT offers. It comes down to aesthetics and whether you like the watch or not. What you call busyness i call character and uniqueness. I love my Divingstar GMT and I'm not really much of an international traveller, just like most of us are not 1000m divers either. The quality of the Doxa GMT IMO is exceptional. The bracelet has perfect weight and the watch sits great on the wrist. It has an ETA 2893 which is as good as any movement out there and mine is dead on as to time, and that's recounted by other owners.

The GMT is a wonderful piece. I've owned the three in the pictures below. In the end, I wasn't partial to the look of the Sharkie and Caribbean, with their 1/2 orange inner rings and blocky white marker lume. On the other hand I love the look of the Pro and Divingstar. The black and citrus GMT rings look great, as do the black and white markers. It's purely subjective all around, but the Divingstar is the best looking of them all, IMHO.

Rob
    Last edited by roberev; November 13th, 2008 at 19:03.

i love the uniqueness and character of the doxa gmt ( and doxas, in general). you can't beat the rice bead, cushion case, and dials of doxa divers IMO. more is more in this particular case

Quote Originally Posted by Sean779 View Post
    I know what you're saying, but less is more if you want less and wouldn't take advantage of 3 timezones the Doxa GMT offers. It comes down to aesthetics and whether you like the watch or not. What you call busyness i call character and uniqueness. I love my Divingstar GMT and I'm not really much of an international traveller, just like most of us are not 1000m divers either. The quality of the Doxa GMT IMO is exceptional. The bracelet has perfect weight and the watch sits great on the wrist. It has an ETA 2893 which is as good as any movement out there and mine is dead on as to time, and that's recounted by other owners.
    --AC

Thread Information