What do you think about the size of this Citizen watch?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What do you think about the size of this Citizen watch?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What do you think about the size of this Citizen watch?

Before I joined the forum, I perused several threads concerning watch diameters and wrist sizes. It seems that it's a relatively personal thing, but with that in mind, what is your opinion concerning the size of this Citizen Eco-Drive which I just received? Citizen calls it a "sport" watch, but it seems dressy enough for a suit. At any rate, I ordered it as an all-around watch.

The seller erroneously described it as 40mm in diameter, but it is 41mm (10mm thick) according to the Citizen site. 40mm was really as large as I wanted to go, and I probably would not have ordered had it said 41mm. I realize that one millimeter is pretty inconsequential, but I considered 40mm my "cut-off" point.

It's a little larger than I'm used to (admittedly I have more years behind me than in front of me). I have a fairly flat wrist that measures 7". I would love to have this watch in a 38mm were it available, but at 41mm it is starting to seem less "large" than when I first put it on a couple of days ago. Maybe that's because I don't want to lose money on it by having to sell it on eBay. That said, what do you think?

Name:  2012-08-29 15.45.07.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  119.8 KB

Name:  2012-08-30 10.41.32.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  125.0 KB

Name:  2012-08-30 10.48.49.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  141.4 KB

Name:  2012-08-30 10.49.02.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  112.4 KB

Name:  2012-08-30 10.49.26.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  131.0 KB
    Last edited by Broadus; September 1st, 2012 at 05:27.

Re: What do you think about the size of this Citizen watch?

Looks perfectly fine to me! Though, of course, I'm just a stranger on an Internet forum, the only opinion that matters is the the one wearing the watch!

Honestly, looks great, nice watch. IMHO, a 38mm would look a little small given your wrist size. As a rule of thumb, when looking from directly above the watch, the lugs should not extend over the edges of you wrists. From the pics, you are more than ok, and have room to spare. Also, bare in mind, watches are getting larger and larger. 40mm is considered on the small side anymore. I'm guessing most watches sold are larger than 40, thinking 42-43mm is the median.

Also, welcome to WUS!

Dan
    Current Collection:

Longines Master Collection Moonphase, Deep Blue World Diver 500M, Raymond Weil W1 Chronograph, Tissot PRS516 Chrono, Omega Seamaster 300, Citizen Skyhawk, Citizen Signature Automatic, Orient World Traveler GMT, Accutron VX-200, Citizen Eco Chrono BL5400-52A, Hamilton Cushion Chrono, Breitling Superocean Heritage 46, Orient Star GMT, Seiko Sportura Kinetic GMT

"It's a fake. And that's because all 'is my Patek a fake' posts contain only fake Pateks." quote, WUS member geoffbot

"... The minute a watch costs more than a well equipped Camry, I'd start feeling guilty about the purchase... " quote, WUS member LosTresGatos

"I think the only people who make rational decisions regarding watches are the people that do not post on watch forums." quote, WUS member digivandig

Thanks for the welcome, Dan, and the perspective. I had not been in the market for a new watch in over ten years (I was replacing a 12-year-old Seiko Perpetual Calendar that now looks really small) and was surprised at the "growth" of watches.

Bill

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think it looks fine.

Tokyo, Yokohama, NY, Detroit, Budapest, KL...Now a double life in HK and China!

Welcome!

Looks absolutely perfect. Not too big, not too small I'd say, by today's standards anyway. It probably wouldn't look strange even if you went a tad bigger, for a more sportier watch.

I think it looks perfect on your wrist. Like yourself, I hadn't been in the market for a new watch in several years, so all my older watches were much smaller. In the last month, I've purchased 4 new watches and the smallest is 44MM. Now, I don't think I can wear any of my older, smaller watches. You'll quickly adjust to the larger diameter and in no time, you'll think it's perfectly sized.

Enjoy and congrats!
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Welcome to the forum, Broadus.
    That watch looks good on your wrist. But that's my opinion.
    Cheers
    C.
    Last edited by CMTFR; September 1st, 2012 at 05:57.

Thanks for the welcome and your opinions. The band on the watch is synthetic leather, so I would like to find a good leather band for it.

I think it's a great fit :)! I have pretty much a similar wrist size (bit larger than 7") and preferences (38-40mm). I think 41mm is not a huge difference, and the lug-to-lug doesn't look too long.
    Last edited by Citizen V; September 1st, 2012 at 06:05.

That is a fine looking watch and I think it looks good on you.
    Congrats and welcome to the forum.
    Tsunami #76/Black Classic

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information