What do you think of this combo? Speedmaster + Hirsch Lance
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What do you think of this combo? Speedmaster + Hirsch Lance

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

So, ive been looking for a really nice strap option for my speedmaster. When i got it, it was on an omega mesh which i did not like one bit but the price was right and it was in great condition so i picked it up.

Since then i have been through numerous straps trying to find one that i really liked, one that fit the watch well and was of good quality. Ive had numerous leather bands on this watch, black gator print with white contrast stitching it probably my favorite so far, before i tried this.

Most recently i had a hadley roma carbon fiber style strap but the quality was really poor, it was cheap, and it looked cheap!

Anyway today, after a weeks wait on delivery my Hirsch Lance strap arrived. There was only 1 left on ebay in 20mm size and it came from Poland, so a week to Korea is not bad at all!

This band is made from Caoutchouc which is natural rubber where as the cheap rubber bands are silicone. This band looks to be very good quality, its thick and soft, very comfy and the deployment is fantastic.

It has the hirsch leonardo curved lugs system to help fit correctly to the case. Im not sure what number i have it in but basically its the highest, tightest setting out of them all. Because this band is soft its quite easy to squash the rubber up against the case a little when fitting it, so the result is an incredibly snug fit with no gap at all between the case and the strap. It looks every bit as good as any OEM made rubber strap. Im not sure if the leather leonardo versions are this easy to fit but the Lance was no trouble at all. Very easy to take off too with the right tool.

I chose this strap for a number of reasons. First up i wanted to get something of good quality because the previous straps id had on my watch had been cheap and honestly pretty crappy as far as quality went so i decided to go with hirsch as they are much loved on this site. Secondly i loved the design! Its aggressive and looks race inspired, in fact it looks like a tire to me and i think it really fits the watch very well.

The only downsides i can think of are that this band isnt cheap (a dam site cheaper than an Omega rubber band though) and it does make the watch wear a lot bigger lug to lug because the band goes outwards and not down from the watch. I have mid sized wrist at about 7.25" but they are quite flat and so this isnt a big problem for me.

So here are the pics, i hope you like it, because i sure do!!

Last edited by kylemacca01; January 7th, 2013 at 15:21.

Re: What do you think of this combo? Speedmaster + Hirsch Lance

Would personally have preferred mesh (I love mes).

As long as you love the look!

I like it! Very sporty!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm not crazy about it, but looks is a personal thing so if you like it, then wear it proud! I personally don't think the very modern shape of the strap goes with the more classic look of the watch head.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I think it looks fantastic!

I won't lie...it's ugly as sin, but if you like it then wear it. After all, opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them.
    Hamilton Khaki King
    Hamilton Thin-O-Matic
    Omega Speedmaster
    Rado Diastar
    Seiko 007
    Seiko 5 Military
    Vostok Amphibia

Too modern of a strap for my taste but everyone has different tastes ofcourse, that's what makes watches interesting ;)
    - We are all but small cogs in the great machine that is life -

Well,the strap is a bit too modern for my taste,however if you love it,then it's all good
    The strap kinda reminds me of oakley watch or the helmet for bicycle road race

Too modernistic for my taste considering the heritage of the watch but,as stated it's your watch.

Sent from God via lightning bolt.

I think that strap would look great on an Invicta!

It reminds me of that alien thing from Spider-Man.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information