What Does "WIS" Stand For?
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What Does "WIS" Stand For?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What Does "WIS" Stand For?

Does this acronymn really represent "watch idiot savant"?
    Thanks
    Minorcollector likes this.

Re: What Does "WIS" Stand For?

Yes

-Dave

Someone said "Wife Is Screaming"...
    Ddj235 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

How about Watch I Seek?
    How to choose an HDTV (A step by step guide)

How to decipher Rolexspeak:
    Perpetual means Automatic; Datejust lets you adjust the date; A Superlative Chronometre is COSC certified; A Rolex President has an adjustable day and date

stuffler,mike

The Watchuseek forum`s search function would have led you to several threads. Even a google search would have been successfull. TZ: http://www.timezone.com/library/archives/archives0058
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; April 13th, 2009 at 18:13. Reason: spelling

Thumbs Up Re: What Does "WIS" Stand For?

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    The Watchuseek forum`s search function would have led you to several threads. Even a google search would have been successfull. TZ: http://www.timezone.com/library/archives/archives0058
    Hay Mike I think this is by far the most asked question on most all watch forums now. Can't tell ya how many times i have seen it just this year. But even though I've been into watches North of 20+ years I just learned what it was about 4 years ago. So I bet it will be asked many more times. No matter how many places it is posted. But hay we WIS have to help out the newbs so they know who and what they are right. LOL
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; April 13th, 2009 at 18:13.
    fishducker likes this.

Its Me

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawyer View Post
    Does this acronymn really represent "watch idiot savant"?
    Thanks

hahahahaa "Wife is Screaming"
    I did do a search and found "Watch Idiot Savant" but it made no sense to me, so I thought it was a joke.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawyer View Post
    I did do a search and found "Watch Idiot Savant" but it made no sense to me, so I thought it was a joke.
    Don't worry, this time next year it will make perfect sense. If you are into this hobby for more than just the cool pictures and bragging rights about what's on your wrist (which is most likely the case if you're here), you'll start learning more & more. Sometime in the future a friend or relative at a party or family dinner will ask you a question about a watch. Instead of the simple 30 second answer they were hoping for, you'll go into a 20 minute diatribe. You won't stop until you realize anyone within earshot is staring blankly at you. You'll become uncomfortably aware of the fact that you are a geek about watches - commonly called a WIS.

ps - Try to keep from repeating the above scenario or you'll be the one person everyone avoids.

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    Don't worry, this time next year it will make perfect sense. If you are into this hobby for more than just the cool pictures and bragging rights about what's on your wrist (which is most likely the case if you're here), you'll start learning more & more. Sometime in the future a friend or relative at a party or family dinner will ask you a question about a watch. Instead of the simple 30 second answer they were hoping for, you'll go into a 20 minute diatribe. You won't stop until you realize anyone within earshot is staring blankly at you. You'll become uncomfortably aware of the fact that you are a geek about watches - commonly called a WIS.

ps - Try to keep from repeating the above scenario or you'll be the one person everyone avoids.

Just GREAT! JERSTERCA may be right-- I am becoming a WIS. Someone I know well mentions watch and I'm off... Probably all "BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...." to them. They're probably like.... !! and . The lady at Penny's said she's never met anyone who knew as much as I did. Now I worry if they match my clothes.... AND, now I have a hard time deciding which one I want to wear. Recently when its been time for work I wear what will be the best for wear (abuse) depending on the kind of day I will have. HUH.....
    Last edited by KWIATEK; April 14th, 2009 at 06:25. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information