What are the finest Swiss watches without the name, reputation and price?

Thread: What are the finest Swiss watches without the name, reputation and price?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Banned

What are the finest Swiss watches without the name, reputation and price?

If you value quality over the name what are the bargains of the watch world?

Re: What are the finest Swiss watches without the name, reputation and price?

What price point? For lower end stuff, I don't think you can beat Stowa.

Banned

Any price point, just interested in bang for buck

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I think you'd get a better response on the Public Forum. You may even want to search there for threads that already have dozens of responses to this same question.

Depends what you define as a "Swiss" watch. A lot of watches labeled "Swiss Made" are nothing more than swiss movements in foreign-sourced cases, and lot of watches that are not "Swiss Made" achieve or exceed Swiss levels of quality.
    Lots of dive watches.

Look up the Timefactors Precista line.

Look at MkII.

Some will say Seiko has good bang for buck in parts of their gigantic lineup.

Hamilton is a great "bang for your buck"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    Hamilton is a great "bang for your buck"
    Thanks man, they look beautiful

I agree - at the moment, The Swatch Group (who own Hamilton), are spending a truck load of money to grow the brand, and are therefore offering a very well made piece and a good ETA mechanism for a good price. (I must admit I own one from about 4 years ago, and they were even better value then).
    On a persoanl note, I would not buy any watch moving forward from the Swatch Group, as they use their dominance to strangle the watch world of mechanisms, in particular, the ETA movement (which they also own) - but that is a political reason, not a quality reason.
    Bang for your buck, you cannot go past a Hamilton at the moment.

If you say "quality", you have to say Rado - they're keepers plus they're unusual and there's no doubt about how innovative and material-wise advanced they are...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information