What happened to Micro-Adjustment holes ??? - Page 4
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What happened to Micro-Adjustment holes ???

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: What happened to Micro-Adjustment holes ???

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    I'm with you here. I will never own an Omega on a bracelet again. Half links and no ratcheting clasp on a $4000 watch, come on!?!?!? There are $25 watches with at least a push pin adjuster on the clasp. I think in this day and age all clasps on these bracelets should have an on the fly ratchet mechanism like Breitling, Rolex, and Seiko, especially with a watch $2k or more!
    Umm the President and the new Jubilee bracelets do not have micro adjustments and at least with the Jubilee it is on one of Rolex's more popular models. I can only presume that most just don't care about the ability to adjust on the fly. I have a watch with them and one without and in both cases I adjust them once and never touch them again.
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
    "I was interested in precision timekeeping I wasn't interested in little, flat, thin luxury watches I was interested in proper watches, like the watch they used on the moon, that sort of thing" - George Daniels

There should be at least 4 micro adjustments on any bracelet clasp (2 per side), IMO.
    My KonTiki and PO don't have them. Both are otherwise beautiful bracelets, with solid, well-made clasps. It's annoying at times.

My wrist can easily change a 1/4 inch in size over a ~two day period. One reason I prefer divers/watches, with adjustment holes in the clasp.
    It is right that the world should illustrate the full nature of the infinite and not merely the particular ideals of man - Spinoza

I totally agree with the opener: sometimes it can be very frustrating to play with the bracelet to find the perfect size on the wrist... and sometimes it's impossible to find it
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mb-eng View Post
    I totally agree with the opener: sometimes it can be very frustrating to play with the bracelet to find the perfect size on the wrist... and sometimes it's impossible to find it
    I guess I should just consider myself lucky then as typically I can figure that out fast with no major issues later on. I am willing to bet most don't give this a consideration which is why so few companies seem to care
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
    "I was interested in precision timekeeping I wasn't interested in little, flat, thin luxury watches I was interested in proper watches, like the watch they used on the moon, that sort of thing" - George Daniels

AGREE 100%.

No micro-adjustment holes, no watch purchase for me.

Simply makes no sense to not offer it. Even those who think their watch fits,,,it would fit better with the adjustment options.
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes." Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by zekezeke View Post
    AGREE 100%.

No micro-adjustment holes, no watch purchase for me.

Simply makes no sense to not offer it. Even those who think their watch fits,,,it would fit better with the adjustment options.
    Might (no guarantee it would)
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Thread resurrection!

As my watch obsession progresses, I am beginning to find that the "fit" in "fit and finish" is king. I don't want my watches too tight on me, and without half-links and/or micro adjustment holes available, some watches just slide around, come down to strangle my wrist sometimes, and gets tilted at weird angles. Not good.

I've been a Seikopath so far, but I'm finding the lack of both half-links AND micro adjustment holes for the Seiko models that I have, got me rethinking about Seiko. The one Citizen watch that I have (in the same price range as my other Seikos, well maybe a bit more expensive), while it doesn't have micro adjustment, at least have half-links. My vintage Tudor is the best, with tons of micro adjustment holes.

This got me thinking about vintage watches for the first time!
    Last edited by rdoder; July 24th, 2014 at 19:01.

Quote Originally Posted by rdoder View Post
    Thread resurrection!

As my watch obsession progresses, I am beginning to find that the "fit" in "fit and finish" is king. I don't want my watches too tight on me, and without half-links and/or micro adjustment holes available, some watches just slide around, come down to strangle my wrist sometimes, and gets tilted at weird angles. Not good.

I've been a Seikopath so far, but I'm finding the lack of both half-links AND micro adjustment holes for the Seiko models that I have, got me rethinking about Seiko. The one Citizen watch that I have (in the same price range as my other Seikos, well maybe a bit more expensive), while it doesn't have micro adjustment, at least have half-links. My vintage Tudor is the best, with tons of micro adjustment holes.

This got me thinking about vintage watches for the first time!
    The "fit" in "fit and finish" usually refers to how tight the tolerances are in the machining of the watch components, so that they fit together precisely, with little play, but they move and pivot smoothly (when they're supposed to). However, I do agree that the fit of a metal bracelet is important, and more so when the watch head is heavy. I have always enjoyed the freedom to adjust the fit of my bracelet on my Submariner using the Glidelock clasp which features tool-free microadjustments, and the new ratcheting clasp on the Omega Master Co-Axial Seamaster 300 is very interesting as well.
    rdoder likes this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    The "fit" in "fit and finish" usually refers to how tight the tolerances are in the machining of the watch components, so that they fit together precisely, with little play, but they move and pivot smoothly (when they're supposed to).
    I stand corrected. Thank you very much for teaching me! I'm still a noob. Great info on the Submariner and Omega Master Co-Axial Seamaster 300 (unfortunately out of my price range : ( ).
    Last edited by rdoder; July 24th, 2014 at 19:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradjhomes View Post
    My C60 has micro adjustments (not that I have cause to change it though). Mine is one of the new bracelets. Is the old one different?
    Actually, new one isn't a lot better:
    Christopher Ward C60 Trident Watch Review | Watch It All About
    look under "The bracelet"

As for my other watches, Sea-Gull D310 only has 2 micro holes, which is not nearly enough, so currently I have it set for winter, but for summer it is too tight.
    Orient Mako has a bare minimum of 3 micro holes.
    Aramar has 4 micro holes, but now I have it on third one, and the clasp sticks out too much.

Watches with half links are fine, as long as you don't work physically, so that the wrist expands, I have these more for office work.

But best solution is an adjustable clasp found on Rolex and Tudor.
    Last edited by Reaper85; July 29th, 2014 at 18:50.
    Citizen Signature Grand Classic NB0040-58A
    Christopher Ward C60 Blue
    Aramar Arctic Ocean 68/100
    Seiko Brightz SDGC027 LE 305/500
    Sea-Gull D310
    G. Gerlach m/s Batory Big Date
    Orient Mako Blue
    Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium BM7170-53L

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information