I made what I thought was a low bid on ebay for a watch that looked interesting to me. I'm a noob and still learning. On of my strategies in any new endeavor is to make a lot of cheap mistakes. I learn faster that way. Maybe the watch should remain nameless. It's not it's fault. But here's what I know now.
1. I don't want a day function. I've reminded myself that I didn't like this when I was a kid. Still don't like it.
2. Watches with mechanical movements that cannot be wound are just weird. Yes, it's automatic, but I want to also be able to pick it up and wind it. I'll never knowingly buy another non-electric watch that cannot be wound.
3. Blue faces are not for me. Yes, it can look nice, but it seems so confining. I don't always wear blue.
4. Date functions should only be on quartz watches. I don't mind setting the time when I pick a watch up, but also having to set the date somehow is just too much trouble for a lazy guy.
5. The face can be too small. And it's not just a function of millimeters. I have other watches this size or smaller, but this one just 'looks' too small.
I suppose some will argue, but this is just me. I've never sold a watch before, but after wearing this for two weeks it may be time.