What kind of watch is decent for a 16 year old that is around 200 dollars or less? - Page 2
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: What kind of watch is decent for a 16 year old that is around 200 dollars or less?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: What kind of watch is decent for a 16 year old that is around 200 dollars or less?

I would start with Citizen Orca or Citizen
    Ecozilla.
    Brandonu97600 likes this.

Re: What kind of watch is decent for a 16 year old that is around 200 dollars or less?

If you seek an automatic I'd go for an Orient or Seiko 5. Plenty of styles to choose from. Rock solid watches and movements well above their price-point.
    Current - Archimede Pilot 39 // Orient Bambino (Steel with black dial) // Seiko 5 - SNKL09 // Seiko SARB017 Alpinist // Lip GDG 145

Want list (Subject to change) - Tissot Heritage PR156 // Dugena Festa (Junghans Meister if the budget stretches) // Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT // Nomos Club // Longines Heritage Diver // Mido Commander Chronometer // Stowa Seatime // Stowa Fleiger T01 Testaf // Laco Vintage // March La.B AM3 Marron // G. Gerlach Tritium // Oris Chronoris // Glycine Airman SST 12 // Tutima Saxon One

If only* (Also subject to change) - Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra // Omega Speedmaster Chronograph // Sinn Model 140 st // Damasko Modell DK101 // Mühle Terranaut Trail // Genesis Lemania // Rolex Milgauss // Glash
    ütte Original Sixties Square Chronograph // Vulcain - Nautical Seventies and Cricket Extreme (I'm partial to Vulcain generally) // Grand Seiko Hi-Beat // Hajime Asaoka Tourbillon

*(AKA - not in this lifetime)

I was going to suggest exactly what AmirAli just posted, a Monster or an 007/009, so I'll just say +1 to that. Fantastic value, and would achieve what you just described--look cool to your and your friends, but can be worn anywhere, including church. Now, beyond that, I don't think this has come up yet, and forgive me if you already know this, but I don't think your commented on it, you will want to think about the great dividing point: automatic or quartz? And for me, there is sort of a third category, with the Citizen Eco and the Seiko Solar, which are not autos, but don't require periodic battery purchases. Most of the people on this forum will push automatics, myself included, but there are some snazzy selections in the Citizen Eco and Seiko Solar collections, and I bet some of them would work for a young person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Definitely look around the for sale forum here, lots of very different watches in your price range.

My 17 year old wears a Citizens calibre 8700 perpetual calender eco drive. I bought it on the forums for $150 on a bracelet and threw it on a $30.00 leather strap for him. It is similar to this one on Jomashop for $199.00 His has a black face instead of white. Great watch for a teen. I would also second anyone's suggestion for a Seiko Monster.

at2011 and Brandonu97600 like this.
    Time is relative.

Citizen Eco Drive, Seiko, Casio G-Shock, Bulova Precisionist, Vostok Amphibia, take your pick.

Banned

I would say it depends on what type of ladies you want to impress....

I can't believe it took 5 posts for someone mention a Seiko 5.
    TimeWizard likes this.

If I was 16, it'd be one of these for me. I really like the blue one, and the black one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information