What is the loudest automatic alarm wrist watch on the market

Thread: What is the loudest automatic alarm wrist watch on the market

I am looking for an automatic winding alarm wrist watch. Can someone recommend me a good loud wrist alarm watch?
    Thanks

Re: What is the loudest automatic alarm wrist watch on the market

What is your budget. You can't go wrong with JLC at about $15,000.

The loudest mechanical alarm watch is generally regarded to be Jaeger Lecoultre. I've heard two. One was reasonably loud, not sure it would wake me up. The other was rather quiet for some reason. Even the store owner said so.

Here is a similar thread I opened a while back: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/what...ch-603198.html
    Last edited by Gary123; March 19th, 2013 at 15:28.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

I've always heard the Vulcan Cricket was the loudest, but I can't say I can confirm that since I've never heard it or the JLC in person.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I had a JLC Master Reveil and have a vintage Cricket. The Vulcain is making a louder and more irritating sound.
    Feel free to check out and make comments on my photo's: Click to see most of my watches!

Based in South east asia, travelling between

Cricket advertises it's the loudest. Not sure if compared to JLC.
    W.A.S. Watch Acquisition Syndrome Patient.

I collect mechanical alarm watches and have ~40-50. The high end are the Breguet and the Ulysse Nardin. The most beautiful alarms around (and of course expensive). Then the JLC and Vulcain's loudest? Toss-up. Of all my alarms it really seems that the inexpensive ones are the loudest. I used to pick these up for around 100 bucks. Now they go for ~$300!

My camera went TU so these are the only terrible videos I have (click on the images)...:

Not as loud but more mellow...:

I also have an electro-mechanical watch with an automatic movement that has an electronic buzzer that sounds like a really pissed-off mosquito when it goes off, pretty unique...:

I have also heard it said that the Omega X-33, though not mechanical - has an 80db alarm - my Gawd! I have not been able to verify this and I wish someone would post it here with an audio clip. It must be awesome!
    "Time isn't the main thing. It is the only thing!" - Miles Davis

I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ??

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

I'm interested to know whether the buzzing style alarm is louder or the other; and how many different styles of alarms are out there.
    I've heard two JLC alarms- compressor memovox and tribute to deep sea.
    I don't know if it's because of the video volume, but I feel compressor memovox is louder. Not that I have listened to many like "like em big" here. The sound of compressor memovox is more like a bell then the buzz sound in the videos. Tribute to deep sea also makes the buzz sound and I was told that it's really going to sound louder when placed on top of the table or surfaces that the vibration can pass through.

Thread Information