What is more robust in these two Longines hydroconquest; an automatic 2824-2 or quartz movement?
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What is more robust in these two Longines hydroconquest; an automatic 2824-2 or quartz movement?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Pun

What is more robust in these two Longines hydroconquest; an automatic 2824-2 or quartz movement?

Hi. I am interested in buying a Longines Hydroconquest watch. I intend to use it for travelling towards sea and on railway journeys. My question is, whether I should go for an automatic 2824-2 movement or should opt for a Longines Swiss quartz movement; which one would serve my purpose better. Thanks for helping.....
    You can't buy love; but you pay heavily for it.

Re: What is more robust in these two Longines hydroconquest; an automatic 2824-2 or quartz movement?

Doesn't sound like a particularly tough environment. Either one should be fine.

Pun

Re: What is more robust in these two Longines hydroconquest; an automatic 2824-2 or quartz movement?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    Doesn't sound like a particularly tough environment. Either one should be fine.
    Okay. Now if I ask you, what will you choose. It will not be a daily wear. Only when I feel I should not wear any expensive watch, I will wear this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pun

Okay I may rephrase it; Which Longines movement is more robust, ETA 2824 or Quartz in Hydroconquest watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhakt View Post
    Okay. Now if I ask you, what will you choose. It will not be a daily wear. Only when I feel I should not wear any expensive watch, I will wear this.
    Hard to say. I have both quartz and automatics that I wear irregularly. Sometimes I just grab a quartz and go, other times I don't mind setting and fussing a bit with an auto. If you don't have a grab-n-go quartz I'd say it's worth considering. If you have a preference for mechanicals and don't mind the additional maintenance cost I'd say go with that. There's nothing really to separate the quality of the movements - both are mid-range, common and dependable.

Besides the movements, are they otherwise exactly the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhakt View Post
    Okay I may rephrase it; Which Longines movement is more robust, ETA 2824 or Quartz in Hydroconquest watch.
    Quartz is always more robust in terms of shock resistance. But how robust do you need? They can take quite an impact.

Quartz
    /thread
    rfortson likes this.
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

lvt

Quartz for reliability and accuracy.

I'm a professional [desk] diver.
    u2bdet and rfortson like this.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Pun
    Thanks friends. Yes this is called a response. Yes, I don't have a quartz watch at the moment. I've ordered for my first quartz GS sbgv019 limited edition and it'll come after 6 weeks from Japan.

Yes, both Longines under study are exactly same except the movement; one is automatic and other is quartz. Price variation is 20% more for the automatic. That's not relevant for the decision.

I don't know if I conveyed my query well. I'm concerned about the relative quality of the movement in both watches; ETA 2824 vs quartz movement, what is better in overall performance of the watch as a diver watch. Please help me as I've not used either earlier. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Normally I'd say automatic, but if you need a 'grab and go watch' go for the quartz. Have you tried either of them on?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information