Ok gents, I have a modest achievement coming up in about 4 months and am planning a nice watch to commemorate the event. This is my current collection (Top to bottom & L-R):
Citizen 8700 Chrono
Tag GC cal 8 GMT
Tag GC cal 17 RS2
Hamilton Auto Chrono
Frederique Constant Worldtimer
Lately I've been drawn to a few pilots, but am open to other suggestions as well. Answers to the questions I know you will ask:
-Budget... around $6K max (will go over if I fall in love with it)
-I am ok with a used piece
-I have been thinking of parting with the Hamilton, it just doesn't get much wrist time since I picked up my last purchase (the Tag GC 8)
-The Citizen stays (wedding gift from my wife, it was all we could afford back then, but has too much sentimental value) and the FC stays - it was my 5th anniversary gift from my wife
-And finally... I have gone through the full hate-love-hate-admire stages with Rolex. Never owned one, but I would be open to it now
The GC 8 GMT is what I find myself grabbing in business attire 85% of the time lately, with the other 15% going to the Freddy. Smart casual goes to the GC 17 if the black & red strap matches my attire, otherwise it's the GC 8 again. Casual goes to the Citizen or Suunto.
So... if this were your collection, what would your next piece be?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk