What percentage of the watches get sold in the sales forum?

Thread: What percentage of the watches get sold in the sales forum?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What percentage of the watches get sold in the sales forum?

My guess is around 30% or less.

Do the other watches go to watch heaven?

Anyone have an idea.
    "It is the hour of pearl—the interval between day and night when time stops and examines itself."
    -j. steinbeck

beshannon

Re: What percentage of the watches get sold in the sales forum?

Over what period of time? Sometimes it can take a long time to sell a piece. Also most people are listing the sale on multiple boards all at the same time.

I have sold everything I have listed. Some times it takes a week sometimes only a couple of hours. It all depends on who is looking for what. Good pictures and descriptions sell watches. I have never really understood how someone can list a several thousand dollar watch with very poor and fuzzy pictures (or non at all). To me it just says they dont care or they are trying to hide something. Either way it doesn't come across well. Also you need to be fair with your prices. I understand that it hurts selling something for a loss but its only as good as the market to support it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not every seller goes back and writes "SOLD" in their entry, one of the reasons we'll never know the true percentage of listed vs. sold.

I have purchased watches from months-old entries, after finding one I was looking for via a search, not seeing a "sold" entry and emailing the owner, only to find they were still interested in a sale but sort of gave up.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Id say its definitely higher than 30%. Maybe something like 65%, maybe more. As long as the seller actually wants to sell it, they have to realize that they need to lower the price if nobody is interested. Most sellers seem to understand this concept, which is why youll see a watch listed for $2500 eventually end up selling for $1900 after all the reductions that take place over the weeks or months.

stuffler,mike

No statistic on our (WUS) side.

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

Every piece I WANTED to sell sold either via here or TZ.

If I do not want to sell the piece, I put them on my company's bulletin board. (that way I can tell my wife, I am trying to sell it)
    Chronic flipper...

Banned

Sold one in less than an hour. Listed at 9:04 - offer to purchase at full asking price at 9:56. If you're done wearing it, what good does it do sitting unsold in the box? Set your price right and it will sell. Ask too much and it won't. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    Sold one in less than an hour. Listed at 9:04 - offer to purchase at full asking price at 9:56. If you're done wearing it, what good does it do sitting unsold in the box? Set your price right and it will sell. Ask too much and it won't. It's that simple.
    Yeah, I understand that a "correct" price will sell the watch. Just like with every product, with a good enough price there will always be a taker.

I was just curious as to the percentage of watches listed that were sold.
    "It is the hour of pearl—the interval between day and night when time stops and examines itself."
    -j. steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
    Id say its definitely higher than 30%. Maybe something like 65%, maybe more. As long as the seller actually wants to sell it, they have to realize that they need to lower the price if nobody is interested. Most sellers seem to understand this concept, which is why youll see a watch listed for $2500 eventually end up selling for $1900 after all the reductions that take place over the weeks or months.
    Interesting - I would've guessed lower - like 20%-ish (certainly the percentages could change depending on time frame.)

When a watch gets listed in the sales forum and then goes through multiple price reductions and then is never heard from again, I tend to default to thinking the seller punted (perhaps temporarily). But for sure it could be more common that the price point finally came to what the market would bear and the watch found a new owner.
    BALL Trainmaster Cleveland Express
    ANONIMO Cronoscopio
    LACO Pilot B Miyota
    OMEGA Speedmaster 3510.21
    SEA-GULL 1963 Re-issue
    BREITLING Navitimer A13322
    FORTIS B42 Flieger Day/Date
    ANONIMO D-Date
    LOCMAN 1970
    BALL Engineer II Moon Glow

ANONIMO DINO ZEI Narvalo
    VOSTOK Amphibian