What product do you use to remove scratches???

Thread: What product do you use to remove scratches???

What product do you use to remove scratches???

Hair line scratches or scuffs, what do you use to remove them from titanium cases or steel cases?
    Have you heard of SIMICHROME POLISH ? I do use to remove stains or scratches from my Titanium bikes and works well. Should I try?
    Thanks.
    Current: : ETA FREE collection-!
    A few pieces...

Re: What product do you use to remove scratches???

It depends on the surface you are dealing with. Is it brushed or polished?

IME, for polished finishes, Cape Cod or Sunshine polishing cloths work the best. I"ve tried using jeweler's rouge, aluminum polish, chrome polish, and they all don't produce as good of a shine.

For brushed finishes, there are many ways to remove light scuffs and scratches...
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=130101
    I would definately not use a polishing liquid like Simichrome on brushed finishes since they will gradually polish away the brush lines.

MY COLLECTION
    Breitling Aerospace SuperQuartz E75362
    Omega Seamaster Pro Chronometer Mid-size 2052.50
    Sinn 356 Flieger Acrylic on C&B strap
    Seiko SARB027
    Tissot T-Classic Desire T52142113

Luminox 7051
    J. Crew Timex Vintage Field Watch
    Vintage Hamilton's: Boyd, Parker-B, Boulton, A-652, Pan Europ 701, Tonneau, Arnold

Casio G-Shock DW5600E-1V (with Mil-Shock mod)

I remember reading on one of the threads that the CC cloth produced some scratches on highly polished surfaces. Is this still recommended over a Dremel with rouge?
    Thanks.
    "Gentlemen, we should synchronize our watches."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I use the Cape Cod polishing cloths on highly polished SS, and have had no problems with them causeing scratches. For swirls and scratches that are a little deeper I start with Maas metal polish. It's very creamy and smooth and with a micro fiber cloth will really bring a shine back. Then I finish off with the Cape Cod cloth. It really works well.

Be very careful though if the finish is brushed, you'll lose that in a hurry.

steel cases? you need to give more info than that. it depends on if the finish is brushed or polished.

btw... i usually use the search function

For brushed stainless steel I have used WatchBandRenew many times to remove fairly substantial scratches. In fact it has removed scratches I thought unrepairable without shipping the watch to IWW or somewhere for a complete refinish. I recommend the full kit to be found here:

http://watchbandrenew.com/home.html

For titanium scratches that aren't too bad I'm told an ink eraser works nicely. For polishing stainless I use a Cape Cod cloth.
    Current favorites:
    Squale Y1545 20 ATMOS Militaire (Original) Ser. No. 0001; Sturmanskie Open Space 24Hr Ser. No. 199/250; Glycine Airman 17; Seiko Prospex PADI SRPA21;
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20; Bathys Black Aquaculture; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS; + about 25 more
    Incoming: NADA

I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

For brushed finishes a Scotch Brite scrub pad works well, you just need to scrub lightly in the same direction as the existing brush marks. On polished surfaces I use a Dremel and a couple of different grades of rouge to polish out heavier scratches and then Cape Cod cloths to finish it off.

Thread Information