What a Rolex AD actually told me
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: What a Rolex AD actually told me

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

What a Rolex AD actually told me

I went to my Rolex AD today to look at at a Breitling Navitimer ( which they actually sell as well ) and when I asked my guy what he thought he said I would be better off getting a date just or an oyster perpetual. I was confused and he could tell so after talking a little longer and him getting me interested in an explorer II polar he finally said it. You see I’m on the “list” for a stainless Daytona and he told me that the Breitling won’t keep its value anywhere near how the Rolex will and that buying the Rolex will bump me up on the “list”. So I spend $8100 + tax today to be able to spend $12,400 sooner on the watch I really want. But he couldn’t tell me how much sooner $8,100 + tax would get me. For $8,100 I could buy an Omega speedmaster man on the moon and a Reverso. Then for $11,000 I could buy a GP Laureato. I already own a Sub date, an Explorer, a Tissot Seastar, a Bulgari...etc. So, a Rolex Explorer II polar and then maybe sooner than who knows or for the same money and no wait, a Speedmaster MOTM, a Reverso, and a Gerard Perregaux Laureato added to my collection. What would you guys do?

Re: What a Rolex AD actually told me

Depends on how badly you want the Daytona, the Rolex, any Rolex will bump you up on the list faster although if you’re spending money at his shop it shouldn’t matter on what (though he has made it clear it does) also he is right about the Breitling. If you really want it get it preowned, check the online forums you’ll see their value drops like a rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, why would it matter if I spend money on a Rolex or a Breitling as long as it’s at the same store? You’re right about the Breitling prices dropping like a rock, I just checked and there selling almost new for thousands less.
    CaptainCustard likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rcsub View Post
    Yeah, why would it matter if I spend money on a Rolex or a Breitling as long as it’s at the same store? You’re right about the Breitling prices dropping like a rock, I just checked and there selling almost new for thousands less.
    Didnt Breitling get sold and dump a load of stock on the GM?

your AD is pulling selling you a bridge

Personally, I'd completely forget about Rolex and get the Breitling, a Reverso, and especially a Laureato. I like all of those (depending on which Breitling) more than any Rolex (with the possible exceptions of the blue dial Yachmaster, and the Cellini moon). But I know I'm weird that way too.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

I love the no date sub, the op silver dial. But I just don't like or appreciate the game that us being played and I won't participate.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

“The game” I can’t think of a better description of what’s going on. These are luxury watches being sold at luxury AD’s, not by guys on the street with a trench coat and a bunch of watches hanging on the inside. They should be making every effort to make my purchase experience as pleasant as possible. Ever gone to MacDonald’s and have them tell you “ well if you buy 3 cheeseburgers today then we can get you the big mac you really came here for”. It’s backwards.

Can I just say - I wish I had the problems the OP has.
    Buying a watch with a low 4-digit price tag is a struggle for me.
    Seulement, il faut du temps pour être heureux. Beaucoup de temps. Le bonheur lui aussi est une longue patience. - Only, it takes time to be happy. A lot of time. Happiness, too, is a long patience.

A 'something' and his money are soon parted. What was it again?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Motorcycle Man and fish70 like this.
    Grand Seiko SBGJ003, Sinn T2B, Sinn 856, Oris Aquis Date, Hamilton Navy Pioneer, Montblanc Heritage Chronometrie, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100B, Precista PRS-18A, Oris ChronOris Date, Damasko DA 43, G-Shock GW-5000-1jf, Marathon Navigator

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information