What sites do you guys use?

Thread: What sites do you guys use?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What sites do you guys use?

It’s been a while since I’ve been on here, hope everyone is doing well that remembers me. Amazing I’ve been a member for such a long time yet still haven’t racked up enough posts to participate in the sales corner.

Want to part with my collection and wondering what sites you use. I’ve had pretty bad experience with e-bay so far. Any legit buyers out there? [edited by mod]. Or mods, is there any other way besides spamming multiple posts to qualify? Thanks!
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; May 2nd, 2019 at 13:27.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: What sites do you guys use?

A) Edited your post
    B) Spamming ? No good idea. Speed posting with the aim of reaching 100 posts will result in access to the Sales Corner being removed and the members post count will be adjusted. Superfluous posts will be regarded as spam and deleted. What constitutes speed posting is at the discretion of the WatchUSeek Admins and Moderating team.
    C) WatchUSeek is a discussion forum with an added Sales Corner for our contributing members. WUS is not a sales forum with an added discussion corner. So become a contributing member et voilá.

Quote from your Dec 2018 post, you did mot make much progress since then, right !?!

I would try to post on the for sell area but weird forum rules state I must have at least 100 posts even though I’ve been a member for ever.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; May 2nd, 2019 at 15:21.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

If you're only using WUS to buy and sell - which it would appear that you are - then you are here for the wrong reasons. Just my 2 cents. As for other sites? A quick 2 second google search landed an article titled "Top 13 eBay Alternatives." So it would also appear you haven't put much effort into your own research either.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

eBay, Chrono24, Craigslist, Mike's Pawn Shop, Local jeweler that buys pre-owned.

I’d say your easiest option is eBay - and I’ve never had an issue there with a few watch sales - but, join the fun here and you’ll get up to the minimum post count naturally. There are a lot of fun conversations to participate in... rotate through your collection and post in the WRUW thread each day. Let’s see what you’ve got!

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingYou77 View Post
    eBay, Chrono24, Craigslist, Mike's Pawn Shop, Local jeweler that buys pre-owned.
    Or a local jeweler that does consignment.

A lot depends on what you're selling. It's a lot easier to sell a Rolex or Omega than a G Shock, Tissot, or Hamilton.

On a side note, I was prowling a local antiques store and came across a BUNCH of Invicta watches - Some of the biggest, gaudiest, and ugliest ones Invicta has ever offered.

And they were DUSTY. lol

You only need 17 posts. Over the next week or two, participate in a few different threads, start taking all your pics and writing up your listing details, etc, and you'll be off to the races. But don't get your hopes up, I always try selling on WUS initially but a large % of my listings never go anywhere and I resort to EB to get it sold. Depends what the item is I guess.

WUS is a great place and you don’t have to go near speed posting to rack your count up on here - just join in the threads and you’ll be able to sell in no time.

Thanks guys, appreciate the answers. I've been a member on here since 2008 and just recently touched on the topic of selling. I just browse and share my collection on and off. Haven't really been into watches lately, hence the lack of participation in the forums and also the reason I was selling off my watches.

Just an honest question, not "just" using this forum to sell watches, I mean, I believe in long term planning but 11 years? lol

Well...
    We get it. It's just that there are rules. And we have to follow them to "play" in this sandbox. And besides, we're just encouraging you to participate here in a natural, organic way. But if watches aren't your thing anymore, it makes it kind of tough.
    Next thing you know, you'll contribute to the forum and get interested in watches again before you reach the post count that allows you to sell them. Won't that be a hoot?!?!?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information