What are some random details on your watches you suddenly noticed?
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: What are some random details on your watches you suddenly noticed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question What are some random details on your watches you suddenly noticed?

So there I was, randomly looking at my Archimede B-Type Pilot. In a flash it occurred to me that the "1" numerals in the hour circle are a different style than that used in the minutes (hour 1s are a straight line, minute 1s have an extra nub). All the other numerals appear to be the same for both.

Name:  Archimede Pilot.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  59.4 KB

It got me to thinking that there are often some details that, for whatever reason, we overlook at first. I was curious if anyone else would like to share some examples from their own experience.
    HAVE WANT GRAIL
    -Citizen Skyhawk A-T -Panerai Radiomir 997 -Breguet 7147 (Enamel/Rose Gold)
    -Orient Sun & Moon v3 ​-Rado Original Automatic
    -Red Star One Hander -Reservoir Supercharged Classic
    -Casio G-Shock DW-6900-1V
    -Archimede Pilot Type B (Bronze)
    -Seagull M172S (Resurrected)

Re: What are some random details on your watches you suddenly noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by Actium View Post
    So there I was, randomly looking at my Archimede B-Type Pilot. In a flash it occurred to me that the "1" numerals in the hour circle are a different style than that used in the minutes (hour 1s are a straight line, minute 1s have an extra nub). All the other numerals appear to be the same for both.

Name:  Archimede Pilot.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  59.4 KB

It got me to thinking that there are often some details that, for whatever reason, we overlook at first. I was curious if anyone else would like to share some examples from their own experience.
    I accidently found it on my frist.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I owned my Epos for several months before I realized it had lume. I was fairly new to watches and didn't obviously recognize what the dots were or why the hands were two colors. I just didn't expect lume on a dress watch.

Name:  Watches 857 ACR Conv.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  197.7 KB
    Synequano, Slm643 and Actium like this.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I had my watch for years before I realized that those little dots on the clasp were so I could easily do smaller adjustments, allowing me to get to the sweet spot without adding or removing a link.
    Name:  BREITLING-CHRONOMAT-EVOLUTION-20-22mm-STAINLESS-STEEL-PILOT-BRACELET-_1.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  13.1 KB
    Actium likes this.

I too have noticed after the fact that a few of my dress watches actually have lume..
    dbostedo likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I have this vintage Poljot. I looked at the dial and scrutinized over every detail. It looked to be in pretty good condition. No big scratches on the crystal. Then, in school we had to all go down to the auditorium to hear some safety propaganda. Then I looked at my Poljot in the bright lighting and noticed a huge scratch in the dial!

I started to feel queasy because none of my watches have any scratches even though they are multiple years old.

I was afraid I somehow scratched the dial, the convention ended and we went out to the classroom and the scratch was gone!

I went home and shined my phone's light on it and saw the "scratch on the dial". Turns out it was a deep scratch in the crystal. The scratches shadow was blocking the light and making it look like there was a huge scratch on the beautiful linen dial.
    Actium likes this.

Not so much a detail of the watch but when I take a pic for WRUW I spot all sorts of dust and crud on it that I don’t normally see.

Quote Originally Posted by theninja View Post
    I had my watch for years before I realized that those little dots on the clasp were so I could easily do smaller adjustments, allowing me to get to the sweet spot without adding or removing a link.
    Name:  BREITLING-CHRONOMAT-EVOLUTION-20-22mm-STAINLESS-STEEL-PILOT-BRACELET-_1.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  13.1 KB
    From what I've seen, I think a lot of people don't even realize a bracelet could be resized.

Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    From what I've seen, I think a lot of people don't even realize a bracelet could be resized.
    Yep- I was this way in high school and through most of college!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I first got into vintage Seiko I did not know SQ stood for Seiko quartz! Name:  8602B761-60FC-4D67-A0F4-0FAD5C237252.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  1.19 MB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information