What are some of your watch pet peeves?

Thread: What are some of your watch pet peeves?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned

Angry What are some of your watch pet peeves?

Do you guys have any? If so please list them here's some of mines.

1) Multifunction watches that have Chronograph pushers I hate watches that have this feature the way I see it if they the manufacture can spend money on gold plating and on the movement why can't they invest the extra cash in resist pushers?

2) Watches that have a tachymeter scale that has nothing to do with a chronograph, Half the people who have chronographs don't use them so way have them on a watch with no chronograph?

3) Watches that look like Tourbillons I understand not everyone can afford the really thing but the more I see these open hart watches the more I think their ugly for God's sakes if your gonna do an open hart at least take the time and add a few nice touches here & there.

4) Watches that look like other brands. Some call them fakes or replicas I call it laziness I find it funny that some watch manufacture can spend thousands on advertising but still can not spend the money on designing a new watch. I'm so sick and tired of seeing 10 different companies who's watches look like Rolex.

5) Watches that claim to be Dive watches but have no rotating bezels. How are you suppose to go diving with a watch that claims it's a true professional dive watch if it has a non rotating bezel, also non luminous hands and markers.

Please do not name brands this is supposed to be a fun post were you can let out how you feel.
    Last edited by kc1001; November 8th, 2009 at 08:53.

Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

SCD

Re: What are some of your watch pet peeves?

Watches that don't tell you what day of the week it is. It's about the simplest complication there is, and easily the the 1st or 2nd most useful. Every watch I own is a day/date, if not more.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SCD View Post
    Watches that don't tell you what day of the week it is. It's about the simplest complication there is, and easily the the 1st or 2nd most useful. Every watch I own is a day/date, if not more.
    I agree that it can be useful, but I think some watches just look better without it.

beshannon

Limited editions
    Geographic only marketing
    Bogus inflated MSRP's to offer fake discounts against
    Copycat designs

The latest trend in posing a watch, stupid angles that offend the eye.
    A watch on it's crown, is upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by kc1001 View Post
    Do you guys have any? If so please list them here's some of mines.

1) Multifunction watches that have Chronograph pushers I hate watches that have this feature the way I see it if they the manufacture can spend money on gold plating and on the movement why can't they invest the extra cash in resist pushers?

2) Watches that have a tachymeter scale that has nothing to do with a chronograph, Half the people who have chronographs don't use them so way have them on a watch with no chronograph?

3) Watches that look like Tourbillons I understand not everyone can afford the really thing but the more I see these open hart watches the more I think their ugly for God's sakes if your gonna do an open hart at least take the time and add a few nice touches here & there.

4) Watches that look like other brands. Some call them fakes or replicas I call it laziness I find it funny that some watch manufacture can spend thousands on advertising but still can not spend the money on designing a new watch. I'm so sick and tired of seeing 10 different companies who's watches look like Rolex.

5) Watches that claim to be Dive watches but have no rotating bezels. How are you suppose to go diving with a watch that claims it's a true professional dive watch if it has a non rotating bezel, also non luminous hands and markers.

Please do not name brands this is supposed to be a fun post were you can let out how you feel.
    Purposeless complications like a tourbillon
    Pointless crown latches.
    Tachymeter or 24 hour bezels on watches that can't make use of them.

Interesting, I guess I'm the opposite. I don't see the point in having the day on my watch, I never forget what day of the week it is. Now having the date is a must for me, at least for any watch I'd wear to work.

Ginormous watch cases full of air with a teeny weeny movement in the centre.

Actually that's not really a peeve of mine, i just find it a little comical

Watches that don't have an option of omitting the date window entirely. It's about the simplest thing to do, and easily the 1st or 2nd best way to make a watch more legible. Most watches I own do not have a date.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information