What is the standard markup for a retailer???
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What is the standard markup for a retailer???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is the standard markup for a retailer???

If a retailer buys a watch at let's say 300 what do they sell it for on average? Is it a 100 percent markup usually? What is the industry standard?

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Re: What is the standard markup for a retailer???

The average is 100% or 50% margin. There is no "standard".

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ilanvfs View Post
    If a retailer buys a watch at let's say 300 what do they sell it for on average? Is it a 100 percent markup usually? What is the industry standard?
    What you would do with the margin information if it was available? Open a jewelery/watch store because of the reported high markup??

I make watches and wanted to start selling them to retailers as oppose to through my website and wanted to know before approaching retailers what I can expect...

Also how is that a response to my question?

What makes you think that an AD would want to try and sell your watches? Since your an unknown, you would
    most likely have to rent the space and most likely get the worst location in the store. It was always fun to watch
    the reps jockey for location and who wanted to next to whom. Bedat always wanted to be right next to Cartier.
    I make watches and wanted to start selling them to retailers as oppose to through my website and wanted to know before approaching retailers what I can expect...

You expect dealers to buy noname wstches? You might find someone to tske them on consignment if you rent the shelf space.
    Watchbreath likes this.

Thanks for the negative energy ;)

I like to think my watches are unique and have a good price range. I also have connections in quite a few stores and have friends who are retailers and own their own stores. I didn't want to approach them and talk to them uninformed on the matter which is why I posted my question beforehand. You have an exceptional ability to take a simple question someone asked and try and tear it down. All watch brands started somewhere and grew from there otherwise there would be no new watches on the market...

Yea I know I can expect consignment but I have connections in a few stores. I don't mind getting them in stores on consignment.

"Unique", a major word around here. Carlo Ferrara, now there're unique, nothing else like them. We had them
    for a test run for 6 weeks about 8 years ago, a major bomb, barely got a glance and even from those who
    wanted something really different. Reality can be brutal.
    Thanks for the negative energy ;)

I like to think my watches are unique and have a good price range. I also have connections in quite a few stores and have friends who are retailers and own their own stores. I didn't want to approach them and talk to them uninformed on the matter which is why I posted my question beforehand. You have an exceptional ability to take a simple question someone asked and try and tear it down. All watch brands started somewhere and grew from there otherwise there would be no new watches on the market...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information