What type of watch is this?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SBD
  • 1 Post By Perseus

Thread: What type of watch is this?

What type of watch is this?

They're usually grouped as an aviation style watch, but is there a specific name for this angular dial design? I'd really prefer not to refer to them as Bell & Ross homages unless B&R actually came up with that look.

Also, can anybody point me to another thread or provide names of other brands that carry this design? I'm sort of considering it for a 2H 2012 purchase, but only Steinhart seems to offer it with a an ETA 7750 movement (at a reasonable price...I'm not willing to pay $3-5k for a new B&R)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by LosTresGatos; February 1st, 2012 at 10:22. Reason: resized pics
    Consolidation complete! Down from 17 watches to 2 grails + 3 support
    Rolex Seadweller 16600 / ALS Saxonia / Casio Edifice (travel) / Hamilton Intramatic (ultra-thin dress) / Kadloo Match Race (tool)

Re: What type of watch is this?

It's not a dial design, but rather a case design meant to resemble an instrument panel.

Quote Originally Posted by RON in PA View Post
    It's not a dial design, but rather a case design meant to resemble an instrument panel.
    Well noted...and apologies for the mistake in wording. I checked out B&R's website and they just refer to their pieces as "aviation watches." I was hoping there was a more definitive name for the case - like Rolex's Oyster.
    Rolex Seadweller 16600 / ALS Saxonia / Casio Edifice (travel) / Hamilton Intramatic (ultra-thin dress) / Kadloo Match Race (tool)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

SBD

Quote Originally Posted by RON in PA View Post
    Yep, and you'll find these watches often referred to as an "instrument watch". Go ahead, google it :)
    LosTresGatos likes this.

LosTresGatos likes this.

That's it! Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! I've been pulling out my hair trying to get a successful result on google that isn't 99% littered with B&R. Closest I got was using "cockpit watch" which is the term Junkers and Wenger used, but this is infinitely better =D

Now let's see how many of these brands offer an automatic chrono movement...although I shouldn't complain. The Steinhart version is actually pretty nice, I just wish they offered a PVD case for it.

Thread Information