What is the unwritten WTT protocol?

Thread: What is the unwritten WTT protocol?

What is the unwritten WTT protocol?

I've done the whole Buy/Sell transaction from a forum board, but have yet to do a Trade transaction.

I was just wondering how eveyrone goes about the protocl on such a transaction? Is it just primarily a trust thing between the 2 parties that they will send out the watches to be shipped within the same time frame? Are references typcially asked, etc....?

Just wondering for myself when the time comes...

:thanks

Re: What is the unwritten WTT protocol?

I trade sometimes. Mainly with people I know and trust. I don't suggest it though. Sometimes the other watch never shows up or its a fake. Or the other person decides they don't like the watch, take a screwdriver to the case and chunk it up, then send it back. believe me. that happens.

Thanks for the insight. I was always very curious how people go about it, just because of the obvious dillemas. I would have to really have known the person by then to actually do a trade.

:thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    I trade sometimes. Mainly with people I know and trust. I don't suggest it though. Sometimes the other watch never shows up or its a fake. Or the other person decides they don't like the watch, take a screwdriver to the case and chunk it up, then send it back. believe me. that happens.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

For what it's worth...

I've made nearly a hundred trades using online forums (not just watches), and I have only been disappointed once.

Clear communication is defintely the key.
    Luckily, the forum and e-mail make communicating very easy.
    Ask lots of questions and be clear about your own expectations.
    If you want the other party to ship Priority mail, then tell them so.
    If you want signature confirmation, then tell them so.

And don't be afraid to set your own guidelines...
    I usually insist upon this policy:
    Each party has three days after receiving the items to call off the deal, no questions asked and no hard feelings.
    If the deal is called off, then both parties return the items in the same condition they received them and using the same method of shipping.
    If a person will not agree to that policy, then I simply will not trade with them.

CURRENT PICTURES of the actual trade items go a long way in preventing confusion, misunderstandings, regrets, and hard feelings.

I'm just a little distrusting of PO box's and apartment addresses because they can be changed to easily.
    Residential home addresses seem to be more reliable.

If you have any doubts about whether a trade is legit or not, simply be honest about your reservations and ask that the other party ship to you BEFORE you will ship to them...but be honest and tell the other party that you will not ship until after you receive your trade item first.

Also consider CUSTOMS if you're shipping to another country.
    Sometimes customs holds items for quite a while and neither party is to blame.
    Canada seems to be one of the worse when it comes to delays due to customs, from my experience.
    Last edited by neveronmonday; May 16th, 2007 at 22:35.

Excellent suggestions. You can of course ask for references as well.

Thread Information