What is up with some members here?

Thread: What is up with some members here?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is up with some members here?

What is up with some members on this forum?

You PM and they do not respond. Even to trade requests that they themselves started?!?

I have been a member of many watch fora and lately it has been crazy here at WUS in particular... What is up or are people in general just getting more rude?

"Indecision may or may not be my problem." - Jimmy Buffett

Re: What is up with some members here?

I feel u,man. Once i PM some guy at the G-Shock forum inquiring where he got his G because it wasn't sold in my country yet n nothing came back. I thought a fellow citizen would be helpful but i guess he wanted to be the only one here with that model. Well,now it's sold everywhere.

Maybe they don't check the computer or come on this site everyday -or- they got cold feet on the trade deal ??

I think there is a way to set your PM's with a read confirmation, so if you set it and confirmed that they read your message and still don't reply, then I'd say yeah, rude or indifferent.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

V8

So far no problems here, I always respond to and get responses to PM's. I think your experience is a minority one.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

I haven't had any problems with members yet.
    I had a friend who was trying to figure out how to do some attachments on a bracelet. I saw another member who had a similar band and pm'd him to see if had any other vies that might show the attachment better. By that evening I received an explanation, some pics and an offer for further help if needed!
    In every bushel there is bound to be a few bad apples but the Crop here at WUS is Tops!

I guess its more in the sales / trade section 3 members in a week.
    "Indecision may or may not be my problem." - Jimmy Buffett

I've only had one member not return a PM to me, but it wasn't a big deal, I was just curious about a camera they said they used.

Actually majority are pretty good about replying. I was chasing a dude for a piece he was selling and he finally replied in a few days. I got cold feet after that.

The worst are the ones that send you a PM telling you he wants to buy/sell the watch and in 5 seconds he either sold it or/and doesn't want to buy anymore.
    Current Rotation:
    Rolex DSSD
    Rolex SeaDweller 16600
    Rolex Submariner 16610 "LV"
    APROO Rubberclad black
    APROO bumblebee
    Hublot Ice Bang
    Hublot Tantalum Bang
    JLC Amvox 5

Garage:
    14 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
    15 Porsche 911 S
    16 Range Rover Sport

Quote Originally Posted by mgoony View Post
    I guess its more in the sales / trade section 3 members in a week.
    probably because they werent interested in your offers? im always flipping and although i always return PMs even if im not interested./..just so the other guy isnt left hanging...but there are alot of threads i read that say "rediculus offers will be ignored" Whats rediculus to some seems fair to others.

Like the guy who is trying to sell his high end watch at above MSRP when theyre now easily obtained....hell prolly think my offer of a few hundred less than MSRP would be rediculus.... Just because hes ignorant to the market.

i say if someone doesnt reply, dont sweat it. wasnt meant to be...

The ones that bug me are when I answer a request for help and I send photos, explanations, links to some sites that will help, etc. and I don't get a simple "thank you" or "thanks, that helped a lot" or even a "thanks but I already figured it out". I've had some who read my initial pm then pm back 2 or 3 times with questions then nothing. How hard is it to say thanks to someone who makes an effort to help on an individual basis?
    Current favorites:
    Squale Y1545 20 ATMOS Militaire (Original) Ser. No. 0001; Sturmanskie Open Space 24Hr Ser. No. 199/250; Glycine Airman 17; Seiko Prospex PADI SRPA21;
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20; Bathys Black Aquaculture; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS; + about 25 more
    Incoming: NADA

I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information