What watch do you wear when you are feeling down?

Thread: What watch do you wear when you are feeling down?

What watch do you wear when you are feeling down?

What watch do you wear when you are feeling down? I have had a hard fall these few days. The department is experiencing a cost freeze. Another department is being allocated a lot of cash. Our department is discontinuing the contracts of contracted staffs (I'm not contracted). Lots of these contracted staff are being absorbed by the other department. Not only these people are being given permanent position. They are also promoted several levels ahead of me. People who have been working on the same project as me is now several steps ahead of me in the corporate ladder. What luck. Sigh...

Do they make a watch with a frown face on the dial? I bet they do. Feel free to comment and maybe post a picture of watches you are wearing when you are feeling down. Maybe I can take cover under my hobby for a while.

Re: What watch do you wear when you are feeling down?

Sorry to hear that the cards aren't falling the way they should be at the moment. I see the Ball Fireman in your avatar (I have one the same) has a bit of a frown on its dial all ready.

Everyone goes through a phase of being down in the dumps and I wouldn't claim to be an exception at times; then I watch the evening news on TV and realise how well off I am. For what reason I can't explain, when I feel down in the dumps I reach for my Yes Cozmo. It has a trace of that hippie crystal-gripping crap about it that brings a smile to my face.
    Steve

I find that most of my watches make me happier with a few pints :-D

Seriously, sorry to hear the bad luck. Maybe it's time to look elsewhere. Often current staff are stuck in a positional or salary rut and the new folks coming in get a better deal. It sucks, but it's that way a lot of places. Stupid HR rules usually.
    Cheers,
    Bruce
    Wear what you like.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi G M Fude. Thanks for your kind words. Sorry I was throwing my emotions around. I think with the world becoming more and more globalized, competitive, and networked, this kind of thing will happen more often. Like what you said, we ought to feel lucky that we are alive and well. Look to the bright side and plan ahead. Instead of whinning like what I did the past few days.

I was actually thinking hard of whether to get the Ball Fireman. What do you think of the watch? The Yes Cozmo looks like a special watch. :)

Quote Originally Posted by G M Fude
    Sorry to hear that the cards aren't falling the way they should be at the moment. I see the Ball Fireman in your avatar (I have one the same) has a bit of a frown on its dial all ready.

Everyone goes through a phase of being down in the dumps and I wouldn't claim to be an exception at times; then I watch the evening news on TV and realise how well off I am. For what reason I can't explain, when I feel down in the dumps I reach for my Yes Cozmo. It has a trace of that hippie crystal-gripping crap about it that brings a smile to my face.

It is not nice to hear but I think what you said is true. Thanks again for the kind words. What you said is definitely an option that I will consider. I'll see how the days ahead unfold and make my move accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceS
    I find that most of my watches make me happier with a few pints :-D

Seriously, sorry to hear the bad luck. Maybe it's time to look elsewhere. Often current staff are stuck in a positional or salary rut and the new folks coming in get a better deal. It sucks, but it's that way a lot of places. Stupid HR rules usually.
    Cheers,
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by timesignal
    The Yes Cozmo looks like a special watch. :)
    Uhh, yes... special! It appealed to the science geek in me, but it fringes on weird!

I got the 40 mm Ball Fireman and to be honest I can't speak highly enough of it. The finish and quality at this price break (I think it's Ball's cheapest timepiece) is quite an achievement.

I bought it as a travel watch, the gaseous tritium light source (GTLS) has to be experienced to be fully appreciated. No more 'guessing the time' from dodgy hotel room clocks; now I can see at a glance what time it is and that's all night and without any charging under a lamp whatsoever.

But as a general purpose watch I'm really happy with it, too. I wasn't really impressed with the stainless steel bracelet. The quality was fine, no problems there, but personally I didn't feel it suited the watch, so I put a tan coloured Morellato leather strap on it for $25 and it really gave the appearance a lift. The watch looks different without being lairy. It is robust, easy to read, and accurate enough, just barely outside COSC specs (it isn't certified).

It gets a disproportionate amount of wrist time considering I just bought it for travelling. I just like wearing it!
    Steve

Thread Information