What watch got you started and do you own it?

Thread: What watch got you started and do you own it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question What watch got you started and do you own it?

For me it was a red faced Swiss Army in an old Playboy Magazine add. I loved that watch. Got it toward the end of college. Been a watch guy since, and the wife only exacerbated the condition buying my Tag. What watch got you guys into watches becoming something cool to look at on your wrist?

Re: What watch got you started and do you own it?

my very first watch was a first generation seiko kinetic rubber band. i was about 10 year old back then. obviously i lost it at school, lol.
    - IWC Classic Pilot's Mark XVI
    - Omega 300M Bond Seamaster Chronometer
    - Calibre de Cartier SS
    - Corum Admiral's Cup 41mm

oh the irrony that this thread was innitiated by tagonly4now because my response is the tag heuer monza. this was my very first gotta have watch, and yes i still have it and love it!
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mine was the Gruen "Soviet" that came out in the late 80's early 90's...I saw it and fell in love with it...had to save any money I came across and then combine it with my brithday money to buy one [$100 for a watch was a lot for a 12 year old...turning 13].

Thought I lost it, but my parents found it in a drawer when they moved...had a dead battery sitting in it for over 10 years...popped a new battery in and it still works perfectly...

its beaten to hell, and the canteen crown cover is missing...but I still wear it.
    Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA
    The Escapement Watch Blog
    The Escapement on Twitter

“If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.” - Albert Einstein

Watches:
    Breitling Super Avenger Chronograph . Rolex Rebberg Trench Watch . Tag Heuer F1 Chrono . Tissot T-Touch . Tissot T-Race . Million Smart Flying Tourbillon . Zodiac Dragon Wing . Invicta Skeleton 3379 . Invicta Pro Diver 8926 . Scooby-Doo Chrono [A7750] . Alpha "Sea" . Alpha Jump Hour . Vostok CK-1 Orange . Poljot 2614.2H Movement . Gruen Quartz 'Soviet' . G-Shock GW300A-1V / G9000-8V 'Stormtrooper' . Timex Perpetual Calender . Vintage Helbros [Felsa 690 Mvt] ....Among others

Go Yankees!

Mine was an Enzo Mechana em-001 orange dialed diver. I ended up giving it to my best friend out of state when I ended up picking up a PVD version of the same watch

My first one was Longines Conquest. Still have it with dead battery.

For me it was my grandfather's pocket watch that my father threatened to kill me if I touched it. I do have and it runs and is fairly accurate.
    When I was home alone I would sneak into my parents room and open the back so I could see the movement. Never got to meet my grandfather but this is something I will be passing down to my grandchildren.
    Best, Frank

My first watch was a bright orange (I really liked orange as a kid) guess digital that my parents gave me when I was in maybe 3rd or 4th grade. I always had one watch at a time since then but I really started collecting about a year ago when I bought my vostok-europe arktika. I previously had no idea mechanical watches could be had in my realm of affordability.
    Buran Siberia (x2 black and white), Aviator Chrono II (poljot31681), Ferrari Jumbo Pit Crew,Alpha Jump Hour, MZI Skeleton, MKII Stingray,Elgin 18s,Agat stopwatch, Sturmanskie Sputnik,Raketa Pilot, Poljot Traveller,Tscheljabinsk military clock, Kirovskie Crab, Vostok Amphibia (tank dial), 3133 Strela replica, Alpha Jumphour Tank,Denissov Barracuda 31681,Laco B-Uhr type B, Stowa Antea KS

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cavallino33

My 'starter' watch was a b-day gift from my wife in 2005. A 2004 Bulova. I had vaious other cheap quartz watches prior but this was the first that really got me into them.
    She got me the watch that got the ball rolling and now she has to keep the brakes on my collecting.
    Still have this watch, works great but its a battery hog.
    Attached Images Attached Images

These are the watches that started it all for me:

This is my first watch I ever owned (it must be close to 30 years old). Notice the awesome Pro I style bracelet ! ! !

This is the watch I loved the most from my childhood. Had it in the 4th grade - re-purchased it NIB from ebay last year.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information