What watch has become your "cannot find grail watch"?
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: What watch has become your "cannot find grail watch"?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What watch has become your "cannot find grail watch"?

Has there ever been a watch that has become your grail not so much for its features, quality, builder, or engineering, but simply because once you decided you wanted it the search to own has made it so? Interesting how a watch that if you see today for sale and pass on, only later to try and purchase but cannot, might become your latest watch obsession or "grail"...

Mine for those who have not already seen on the WTB forum is this Dufeau Nose Art "Lucky Lady" posted once on WUS and ever since no where to be found. Dufeau's web site, addresses, email, and phone number are all non responsive seems they went out of business. It has become my grail not so much for the quality or look of the watch (nothing special really), but the search and victory of owning! Knowing me I'd probably sell shortly after having on my wrist...

Name:  DufeauNoseArtLuckyLady.jpg
Views: 1786
Size:  49.1 KB

I am not talking a true grail watch mine are still a vintage Omega SM300 and Corum Bubble Flying Tiger - but what is your cannot find grail watch ?
    Ride safe and "watch" out for motorcycles! Cyclenby you now in Texas...

v76

Re: What watch has become your "cannot find grail watch"?

Here's mine ...
    Vacheron Constantin ref. 4709:

(borrowed image)
    LouS, BlackLight and Tick Talk like this.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

I'm sure they will be available pretty soon, but it has been pi**ing me off that I cannot buy a Magrette Bronze right now -_-. That and the Steinhart Apollon. I always want the watches that are out of stock... I don't understand me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That Vacheron has a very unique look!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CitizenM likes this.
    Ride safe and "watch" out for motorcycles! Cyclenby you now in Texas...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclenby View Post
    Has there ever been a watch that has become your grail not so much for its features, quality, builder, or engineering, but simply because once you decided you wanted it the search to own has made it so? Interesting how a watch that if you see today for sale and pass on, only later to try and purchase but cannot, might become your latest watch obsession or "grail"...

Mine for those who have not already seen on the WTB forum is this Dufeau Nose Art "Lucky Lady" posted once on WUS and ever since no where to be found. Dufeau's web site, addresses, email, and phone number are all non responsive seems they went out of business. It has become my grail not so much for the quality or look of the watch (nothing special really), but the search and victory of owning! Knowing me I'd probably sell shortly after having on my wrist...

Name:  DufeauNoseArtLuckyLady.jpg
Views: 1786
Size:  49.1 KB

I am not talking a true grail watch mine are still a vintage Omega SM300 and Corum Bubble Flying Tiger - but what is your cannot find grail watch ?
    Mine is going to sound stupid, but here goes: Years ago, when I was in the 7th grade, I had a "Lorus Lumibrite" 200m "dive" watch. This thing had the all lume dial, a black steel bezel protector, and a brass colored crown. It had a plastic case and a rubber strap, and I remember it being the insanely expensive price of $60 (remember, this was a lot of money for a 13 year old).

Anyway, I had gotten one as a gift when I was in 7th grade and wore it until the battery died. The watch was basically beaten to within an inch of it's life, anyway, so instead of replacing the battery, I just threw it away.

A couple years ago, I decided to try to see if I could find one on ebay or, well, anywhere, but no luck.... I'm still looking. :)
    Shepperdw likes this.

Inactive
    Once, a couple of years ago on Ebay, I saw an orange dial Evans dive watch. Evans is an unremarkable maker that went out of business decades ago. Evans also happens to be my last name. I want one for that reason alone. They're not particularly interesting watches otherwise, at least the ones I've seen since.

As OP Cylenby suggested this is not my grail, at least not this week. But...it's a watch I want now. The Ecozilla on SS bracelet. There are plenty of places to order it on rubber. Another WIS pointed me to a website that says it has the watch, but neither he nor I have info about the website and I don't want to pay at a site when I can't find any track record for that site. Frustrating.Pic borrowed from the web.
    Attached Images Attached Images

“To be is to do”—Socrates.
    “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.
    “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

Kurt Vonnegut

For me, it's probably the IWC Ingenieur 3227-01. They don't make them anymore and IWC is hell bent on 44mm and up for this range, which is too big for me.
    Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Panerai
    PAM 112
    Rolex Two-Tone Datejust
    Omega Constellation C-Shape Vintage
    Anonimo D-Date II
    Concord Impresario
    Seiko Sumo
    Casio MDV106

A Fossil JR8090 - a watch style from 2002 that retailed for $65.

Not a particularly wonderful watch - it's not very pleasant to look at and it's only trick is that the seconds are displayed by this green electronic dial that blinks the zig-zag shapes in different patterns.

But I used to own one in 2002 and I have no idea what happened to it, so now I want another one.

'10 Grabber Blue Roush 427R
    '79 Porsche 930 w/ turboz

"The disco sound, you must see, is not art or anything so serious."
    - Giorgio Moroder -

I'm sure they will be available pretty soon

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information