WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What watch have you let go of with a heavy heart

2K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  milo dinosaur 
#1 ·
I finally had to let go of my BFK with a heavy heart. As much as an enthusiast I am, I just couldn't afford having two divers in my collection. Plus it hasn't been getting enough wrist time lately. Thought I would share the last shots I took with it.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory Analog watch

Looking at the images again makes me think whether I made the right decision by letting it go. But I guess it's too late for grief now.

See less See more
Reactions: karhu and Drumguy
#3 ·
I went back and forth over whether I should sell my Hamilton Intra-Matic. It wasn't getting the wrist time it deserved and I really really loved that watch but in the end i had to let it go so someone else could enjoy it.

#4 ·
Hellbuster:
My "heavy heart" watches were my 2 Hamilton RR Grade pocketwatches (no pics because they're in someone else's corral now)
Carried Hamilton 992b for 12 years, Hamilton 950b for 10 years. When American RRs started approving quartz for operational
use I bought a Bulova Accutron (one of the 1st models approved). But kept the 2 "Hammies" for contingency use.
Dec 2015 I had a "Come to ***** Moment" and realized I should flip em both. Sold em to a local vintage watch dealer/repairman.
992b brought $600.00. 950b brought $1,000.00.
Now I have a heavy heart (but a better bank balance) Nuthin is forever!!!!

Carried those ole Hammies railroading for a zillion years it seems. Went thru some tight squeezes with em.Now they're gone gone

X Traindriver

#7 ·
Well, I would love to see those watches if you guys have got any pictures of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I still struggle with the fact that I let the following 3 watches go due to my stupid rule of not having more then 1 watch a brand:
1) Omega SMP ceramic blue
2) Grand Seiko SBGV007
3) Grand Seiko Spring Drive
SBGA083

There are a couple other that I had difficulty letting go but I think I am over them now.

#12 ·
I still struggle with the fact that I let the following 3 watches go due to my stupid rule of not having more then 1 watch a brand:
1) Omega SMP ceramic blue
2) Grand Seiko SBGV007
3) Grand Seiko Spring Drive
SBGA083

There are a couple other that I had difficulty letting go but I think I am over them now.

Here are some pretty lame pics but don't have access to the other pics as I am traveling.

#10 ·
I loved this Zenith EP, but parted with it when I bought a new EP. Turned out to be a big mistake; I enjoyed this one more than my Pilot Big Date Special. Haven't been able to find one since at a decent price (they made far fewer of this dial in automatic than the HW version).

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#11 ·
I'm about to sell my MeisterSinger No. 3 Deutschland LE and I do so with a heavy heart because:
1. It's the 1st mechanical timepiece that I bought myself (though not 1st love)
2. It serves as a reminder to my 1st career start (2013 in Germany)
3. It's a unique, limited edition watch that may not be easily attainable.

However, since I couldn't get used to reading single-hand and I gradually feel 43mm sits too big on my wrist, I can no longer justify keeping the watch. So it's time to say auf wiedersehen

#14 ·
How about a very nice Hamilton Below Zero? That one I regret for sure.

Also, if I dare mention a discount store brand, Jacques Lemans? It had a gray/slate dial with Green bezel, Sapphire glass
Was a nice looking watch, and to this day, I don't know why I jettisoned it . B - /

#18 ·
I regret selling my titanium Omega Seamaster Chrono, Speedmaster Triple Date and Mars Watch II. They have all of course appreciated substantially in value since then. I still have two other ones left and won't make the mistake of selling my Omegas again. I don't feel any pangs about the Breitlings or Rolexes that are gone though.

#20 ·
My Rolex Sub Date, but at 40mm it was just too small for my 8" wrist. My 42mm Seamaster is about as small as I will go for a sports watch.

#21 ·
My Speedy 9300. Not so much for missing the watch (loved the design but hated the thickness) but more so for being taken to the cleaners on resale (it was my first big-ticket timepiece).

Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory Analog watch

#24 ·
My Speedy 9300. Not so much for missing the watch (loved the design but hated the thickness) but more so for being taken to the cleaners on resale (it was my first big-ticket timepiece).

View attachment 7614242
I am patiently waiting till the day I can afford this one ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.