What watch in Hong Kong?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By madhavi

Thread: What watch in Hong Kong?

What watch in Hong Kong?

Hi all -

New member here and also relatively new to watches - I have a few (a F1 Kimi Raikkonen and a Indy5000) but havent been "into" watches, if you get my drift. I've been browsing for a while, and picked up a Seagull M172S and a TW Steel Canteen recently. However, I'd like to move up the chain a little and build a modest collection of 4-6 nice watches in the $1500-3000 street price range, and am ok going used to this effect.

A few watches I have targeted:
    - A Bell & Ross 03-92 or 01-xx
    - Frederich Constantin Moon Phase
    - An Omega in a blue dial / steel strap
    - A Breitling - model TBD
    - A nice skeleton (TBD - Tissot? Hamilton?)
    and at some point down the line, as a piece de resistance, perhaps a Panerai.

I am going to be in Hong Kong and was wondering if anyone knew of whether good deals are available on any specific brands in Hong Kong, and also any specific recommendations on shops to visit, as a total noob (I have Ken's Watches on my list - anything else?).

Re: What watch in Hong Kong?

There's a watch mall beside The Mira in TST. Huge selection of watches, and all will be significantly cheaper than AD even before bargaining

The mall is called "Champagne Court". Note that they are not AD and sell used and imported watches.

Apart from TST, there are watch stores (ADs and non-ADs) all over Causeway Bay you can take a look. Good luck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am in Hong Kong right now. I have couple of watches in my mind - a Longines for immediate purchase and if I find a good deal an a Omega AT. I have been comparing prices online and at various cities I travel to. Hong Kong is expensive. I am figuring 20% discounts on the price tag and still they are significantly more than what you would pay in US. And lot lots more than a grey market site like Jomashop. I was going through Amsterdam airport recently and they have much better prices than HKG. But the selection here in HKG is unbelievable. You literally equal number of 7-Elevens and Rolex dealerships!

Everything in HKG is expensive. Due to high rents??? They are selling basic New Balance shoes at HKD 1100 ( about US$150). And that a deeply discounted price in HKG. And people are literally queuing up to buy. You can find the same thing at a sport store in US for about $75 everyday and at outlet mall at $50 +/-.
    Nikoloz likes this.

Thanks for the lead, woppa and chelhik - will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by madhavi View Post
    And lot lots more than a grey market site like Jomashop.
    Ah bummer. I have to deal with international shipping and customs if I buy from Jomashop or other retailers in the US, so I am ok with a 10-15% premium. Reckon the prices are even more than that?

Quote Originally Posted by madhavi View Post
    I am in Hong Kong right now. I have couple of watches in my mind - a Longines for immediate purchase and if I find a good deal an a Omega AT. I have been comparing prices online and at various cities I travel to. Hong Kong is expensive. I am figuring 20% discounts on the price tag and still they are significantly more than what you would pay in US. And lot lots more than a grey market site like Jomashop. I was going through Amsterdam airport recently and they have much better prices than HKG. But the selection here in HKG is unbelievable. You literally equal number of 7-Elevens and Rolex dealerships!

Everything in HKG is expensive. Due to high rents??? They are selling basic New Balance shoes at HKD 1100 ( about US$150). And that a deeply discounted price in HKG. And people are literally queuing up to buy. You can find the same thing at a sport store in US for about $75 everyday and at outlet mall at $50 +/-.
    Exactly my sentiments, being two weeks ago in HongKong.
    Everything is overpriced, watches more so. and all this despite huge competition between watch shops, they are literally everywhere, it seems you can buy any luxury watch from 7 to 11 on the street nearby. LOL

You can ask around, but most watch vets will tell you:
    Hong Kong is one of the worst places to buy watches... IF you are conscious about how much $ you are spending.

But if not, why, by all means, splurge away, and ignore this post.
    "Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

Ha, point taken. Mail order it will be, unless i can find a good deal on something new. I am guessing the Chinese market is what keeps HK prices high.

Thread Information