What watches do the women in our lives like?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What watches do the women in our lives like?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What watches do the women in our lives like?

We joke alot about how the women in our lives put up with our watch addictions. They are even willing to be seen in public with us when we wear (show off) our toys. I pose the question, "Which watch or watches that you own do the women in your lives like to see you wear?"

My ladyfriend thinks the Stowa Prodiver with melone dial is dropdead gorgeous, with the yelow Seatime a close second.

Daughter #1 is conservative and likes the Doxa 750T Sharkhunter.

Daughter #2 thinks the red fish on the AlphaTime Diver is "cool".

My secretary (not to be denied) loves the UTS 3000M with the grey dial, but thinks the blue Breitling Seawolf is the "ultimate jeans watch" for casual Fridays.

What are your experiences?

Steve

redstart

Re: What watches do the women in our lives like?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Dorfman
    We joke alot about how the women in our lives put up with our watch addictions. They are even willing to be seen in public with us when we wear (show off) our toys. I pose the question, "Which watch or watches that you own do the women in your lives like to see you wear?"

My ladyfriend thinks the Stowa Prodiver with melone dial is dropdead gorgeous, with the yelow Seatime a close second.

Daughter #1 is conservative and likes the Doxa 750T Sharkhunter.

Daughter #2 thinks the red fish on the AlphaTime Diver is "cool".

My secretary (not to be denied) loves the UTS 3000M with the grey dial, but thinks the blue Breitling Seawolf is the "ultimate jeans watch" for casual Fridays.

What are your experiences?

Steve
    Inexplicably (the inevitable adverb in such discussions), the Stowa yellow Seatime chronometer, Anonimo Millemetri "Deep Blue" [a misnomer, it's sky (light) blue], and Stowa Antea with cream dial have been the hits. Best guesses: Perhaps the Anonimo has "jewelery style" elements that appeal to a woman. The Seatime might attract because it's seen as a suitably male accoutrement. The Stowa Antea is simply pure, gender-independent class -- brilliant, tasteful, unsurpassable design and impeccable mechanical execution.

When we disagree, it's always amicable, but I insist on the last word: "Yes, dear."
    Last edited by redstart; August 17th, 2006 at 01:38.

Well, my wife is not exactly faced with much of a choice, given that my Oris is sidelined and in need of a long-overdue bracelet repair, which leaves me only the Rolex or the Seiko. However, she loves the Sub - so much so that I have been informed that whenever I feel like buying her a Lady-Date, I'll hear no complaints from her!

Actually, the Rolex would be her #2 choice, as her favorite watch is the white Chanel J12 - thankfully the basic version not the $$$$$ diamond option! Not my own cup of tea, but we looked at them in-store once, and they are quite substantial and seem well made.

Overall my wife is very supportive. She knows there are two or three watches out there that I would love to have right now, but just cannot justify due to certain financial pressures we are currently facing. The fact that I haven't gone mad with the credit card enhances her respect for my interest in watches I think. But when things are on the up again, she knows there will be no stopping me!:-D
    Martin

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania

Of my current watches, my wife likes the Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish best followed by the Stowa Seatime Yellow Chronometer.

Steve

My favorite diver? Jessica Alba, of course!

redstart

Quote Originally Posted by lordsinclair
    Well, my wife is not exactly faced with much of a choice, given that my Oris is sidelined and in need of a long-overdue bracelet repair, which leaves me only the Rolex or the Seiko. However, she loves the Sub - so much so that I have been informed that whenever I feel like buying her a Lady-Date, I'll hear no complaints from her!

Actually, the Rolex would be her #2 choice, as her favorite watch is the white Chanel J12 - thankfully the basic version not the $$$$$ diamond option! Not my own cup of tea, but we looked at them in-store once, and they are quite substantial and seem well made.

Overall my wife is very supportive. She knows there are two or three watches out there that I would love to have right now, but just cannot justify due to certain financial pressures we are currently facing. The fact that I haven't gone mad with the credit card enhances her respect for my interest in watches I think. But when things are on the up again, she knows there will be no stopping me!:-D
    You're going to have a problem when I sell you the Eterna Super KonTiki with the deap sea green dial and the blood red second hand. She's going to appropriate it for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by redstart
    You're going to have a problem when I sell you the Eterna Super KonTiki with the deap sea green dial and the blood red second hand. She's going to appropriate it for herself.

Haha!:-D You are undoubtedly right - except I cannot recall ever telling Lady Sinclair about this particular watch, or its significance. Let's try to keep it that way, shall we?

Superb pic, btw.
    Martin

My wife required a Rolex, which put my watch shopping on hold for awhileO|
    2DARK Hardwood Watch Boxes are the real deal

you guys are lucky. Other ladies certainly wouldn't tolerate it at all. They would think we are freaks.

Quote Originally Posted by picard
    you guys are lucky. Other ladies certainly wouldn't tolerate it at all. They would think we are freaks.
    We are freaks
    2DARK Hardwood Watch Boxes are the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by picard
    Other ladies certainly wouldn't tolerate it at all. They would think we are freaks.
    Mine thinks I'm freak - but nevertheless bought me a watchwinder as a birthday present.

For general, everyday use she likes most my orange Omega Planet Ocean, but in combination with more formal clothing she prefers the Stowa Antea Kleine Sekunde with the brown croco strap.

Let's see what happens when the Stowa Marine Original arrives

Cheers, Ralf
    List of dreams:
    Glashuette Original Sport Evolution Big Date -
    Glashuette Original Senator Kalenderwoche - Nomos Orion - Omega Railmaster - Omega SMP GMT

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information