What watches are you currently crushing on and how likely is it you'll splash out?
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: What watches are you currently crushing on and how likely is it you'll splash out?

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

What watches are you currently crushing on and how likely is it you'll splash out?

A Ronseal thread as they say back in the UK - what watches are you currently infatuated with, and how likely is it that you will end up buying? Give me a what, why and %.

I'll go first then, in order of likelihood of purchase:

• Zenith Captain Moonphase - The most recent version in SS with the guilloche work on the dial. I have been considering a JLC Master Calendar for a long time but I also love the Zenith and considering it can be had for about 60% or so of the price of the JLC it just makes more sense for where I am right now. Likelihood: 80%

Name:  Zenith1.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  83.8 KB

• Seagull 1963 - The classic 38mm version with silver dial. A genuinely interesting, affordable and very pretty thing, though the thickness seems a little much . One of those where you know it would get worn maybe once a month, but the relatively small outlay keeps you checking fleabay routinely. Likelihood: 70%

Name:  Seagull1963.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  69.6 KB

• Rolex Oyster Precision - I have a real hankering for a small, silver or white dialed watch with gold hands/indices on a bracelet. I'm not the biggest fan of bracelets on bigger watches (apart from a shark mesh) but on a small 34mm or 35mm pieces I find them very cool as well as being good for the humid climates that I live and work in. I really can't think of a better option out there than a Precision (w. or w.out date, I haven't decided). Maybe an Air King, but I'm not sure you get the gold indices. I'm trying to avert this purchase right now by buying a bracelet for a lovely 60s Omega Seamaster 30 I have, but good 18mm bracelets are a real pain to come by and the Precision + Oyster is just such a tidy package. Likelhood: 60%

Name:  Precision1.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  53.9 KB

• Ball Trainmaster Worldtime - The latest version with silver dial. I really want a nice silver/white dial worldtime in the collection, and this has a lovely classic aesthetic that you would struggle to match without doubling or trebling your outlay at least. Not a fan of the FCs or Montblancs so this seems the best option out there for less than the price of a JLC. It's not perfect by any means, the windows and the tubes on the hands sit a little awkwardly in my book, but it's certainly extremely tempting. Likelihood 50%.

Name:  Ball1.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  58.1 KB

The funny thing is that posting these has made me realise they are all silver dials, whereas my collection at the moment is nearly all black dialed. I am clearly consciously trying to add some lighter options.

Anyway, so over to you now.

Re: What watches are you currently crushing on and how likely is it you'll splash out?

This and definitely if I can find one in stock

Re: What watches are you currently crushing on and how likely is it you'll splash out?

Sinn 103 Acrylic. Everyday chrono to compliment the speedy. Likely purchase...75%. The thickness is the only thing giving me pause from buying this beaut!
    Name:  SI-002.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  85.8 KB
    DilliTime, RomeoT, epikoh and 5 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Rolex Cosmograph Daytona (I have 'only' been waiting for 19 months or so and who knows when or even if it will ever arrive). Likelihood of ownership: Low

Zenith Heritage 146. I would like a Zenith in my collection again. Why not an El Primero? Likelihood: 60% (if I manage to find one, see one and try one on).

Zenith Pilot Type 20 Extra Special 40mm. Same as above; I would like to get a Zenith into my collection again. I used to own a 45mm Zenith Pilot Type 20 Extra Special but it wore too large, so I sold it. That had a Sellita movement in it. These have an in-house, Zenith movement and in a smaller 40mm size, which should suit my small 6.4-inch wrist. Likelihood: 50%.

Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris Automatic. I have never owned a JLC and would like to own one. I think of Reverso, when I think of JLC, but of the many Reversos I have tried on, I have so far been unable to find one that suits or fits my wrist nicely. This Polaris has an Explorer-like look and feel to it. If I can find one to try one, then, Likelihood: 60%.

Cartier Drive de Cartier Extra Flat in Stainless Steel. I would like a Cartier in my collection. This model has now been announced in Stainless Steel and in an affordable price range. I wish that it is a couple of mm smaller but it is certainly on my radar. I have tried on a gold model and the size is good (still would prefer it smaller). Likelihood: 60%.

Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

Didn’t you have one of those Zenith pilot ones before?

Quote Originally Posted by dantan View Post
    Cartier Drive de Cartier Extra Flat in Stainless Steel. I would like a Cartier in my collection. This model has now been announced in Stainless Steel and in an affordable price range. I wish that it is a couple of mm smaller but it is certainly on my radar. I have tried on a gold model and the size is good (still would prefer it smaller). Likelihood: 60%.

There's also a nice looking moonphase version in SS I believe, though it will likely be considerably chunkier.
    dantan likes this.

I did!

It was a 45mm version in Stainless Steel with a Sellita movement in it.

I got it for a good price, and before the price hikes.

I then sold it because I hardly wore it due to its large size.

I have missed it since.

I think that the size of these will be great.

I just wish that Zenith would release these with a black dial.

I like blue and that blue dial looks awesome, but in real life, will it be too blue, and will I be comfortable wearing it regularly?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar_917 View Post
    Didn’t you have one of those Zenith pilot ones before?
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

My grail is the polar explorer II 16570. The likelihood of me getting one is high, when I will get is harder to answer. It depends if purchase a speedy or hold out on the polar
    Attached Images Attached Images

Metlin, propforall and maylebox like this.
    All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you...

Sinn 556i. Love the simplistic dial, case shape and versatility. Top grade eta is a lovey feature as well. Likely won’t actually purchase.

Monta Triumph. Super slim case, 7 layer interior AR, 150m wr, good lume, good movement, excellent bracelet and clasp. Lugs ruin it slightly and can’t decide on a colour. 50% this year?

Hamilton Khaki 38. Slim profile, durable case design, great dial layout, love the hands too. Very versatile and love the new movements. My khaki king is scary accurate. 90% purchase soon

Have been lusting after a Hanhart Pioneer MKI for years. Main reason for not caving in - lack of funds (though at £2K I think it's a steal). Likelihood of buying - 100%. This year? Doubt it.

Pic from Hanhart
    Name:  714.210-011_2.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  101.5 KB
    DilliTime, Tonhao, jgibbs3 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information