What would you class a Bell & Ross watch as?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What would you class a Bell & Ross watch as?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What would you class a Bell & Ross watch as?

I'm looking to buy a Bell & Ross BR 01 watch, and was curious as to what level most people would put the brand into?

The only watch in my "collection" is a U-Boat A925 and despite costing me £1995, I doubt many people would class a U-Boat watch as a highend or even luxury brand, more a fashion watch.

I've always get people commenting and admiring the watch, mainly due to the size of it and the matt silver finish, but they are always shocked when I tell them I paid near £2k for it since they've never even heard of the U-Boat.

I wouldn't put a B&R in the same league as a Rollie or even a Ling, but would you put it into the same league as say an Omega, Tag, Rado?
    Or is a B&R like a U-Boat, more fashion orientated.

One of the reasons why I'd like to know is to determine whether the watch would still be worth its money if I decide to sell it on say a couple of years later.
    Last edited by londoner; April 10th, 2010 at 05:31.

Re: What would you class a Bell & Ross watch as?

£1995?!...you really overpaid for a u-boat.

i'd rate B & R roughly in the same league as the higher-end Tags. definitely not in the same league as Omega though.

there are only a handful of brands that hold their value well and not B&R, nor Tag, nor Omega would fall in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by londoner View Post
    I'm looking to buy a Bell & Ross BR 01 watch, and was curious as to what level most people would put the brand into?

The only watch in my "collection" is a U-Boat A925 and despite costing me £1995, I doubt many people would class a U-Boat watch as a highend or even luxury brand, more a fashion watch.

I've always get people commenting and admiring the watch, mainly due to the size of it and the matt silver finish, but they are always shocked when I tell them I paid near £2k for it since they've never even heard of the U-Boat.

I wouldn't put a B&R in the same league as a Rollie or even a Ling, but would you put it into the same league as say an Omega, Tag, Rado?

One of the reasons why I'd like to know is to determine whether the watch would still be worth its money if I decide to sell it on say a couple of years later.

I recently read that they outsource some of their movement development to BNB Concept along with others.

This doesn't detract from them as a company. I just found it interesting. I assumed they were developing in-house.

Their fit and finish might be equal to some of the companies you mentioned but I wouldn't put them in the same league as those because their don't have the history.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, U-Boat's are very wellover-priced for what they are, base movements and no history imo.

Mine features 925 graded silver casing, I guess that's why it was so much more than the average Boat.
    http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/U-Boat/...-Watch-(UB-305)

Quote Originally Posted by Denizen View Post
    £1995?!...you really overpaid for a u-boat.

i'd rate B & R roughly in the same league as the higher-end Tags. definitely not in the same league as Omega though.

there are only a handful of brands that hold their value well and not B&R, nor Tag, nor Omega would fall in that category.

Well, all I can say is that the fit and finish from B&R are excellent. They might not have the history or decorated movements (pedestrian really) but the case design alone is worth the admission.
    Current Rotation:
    Rolex DSSD
    Rolex SeaDweller 16600
    Rolex Submariner 16610 "LV"
    APROO Rubberclad black
    APROO bumblebee
    Hublot Ice Bang
    Hublot Tantalum Bang
    JLC Amvox 5

Garage:
    14 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
    15 Porsche 911 S
    16 Range Rover Sport

They make some fantastic watches although I would sway towards the more classic designs. They are ,however, way too expensive for what you are getting.

DMB
    Banned

Fashion Watch. Wait .... overpriced, overhyped fashion watch.

Ozy

Quote Originally Posted by DMB View Post
    Fashion Watch. Wait .... overpriced, overhyped fashion watch.
    Exactly, completley overhyped.

Very expensive (aren't they all), slightly fashion-y, over-sized, design-led and featuring well set up but fairly basic ETA movements. Not all of what they make is large and square (check out the Vintage and Space watches).

A lot of people don't like that they sell well because it upsets their view of what people really should buy if only they'd listen to people with superior knowledge .
    Knowlesy likes this.

No, not worth the money. Yes, a fashion-"orientated" brand. Buy it if you like it, but don't expect much return on oversized wrist jewelry.

Also, please never use the term "Ling" again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information