What would you do, if...
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: What would you do, if...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What would you do, if...

Let's say, hypothetically, you ordered a rubber strap that was specifically made for your watch, and when you started fitting it you had the hardest time in the world getting it on , no matter how many methods you tried, and in the process the Spring Bar popped up out the top and scraped up both sides of the inner top part of the lugs.

Then let's say you contacted the strap company to confirm that it was the correct model strap and they told you that all of the straps fit all the Rolexes, even though the cases are not exactly the same on all of the watches, and even though their website has different order forms for the different model watches.

After they recommend that you take it to a professional, let's say, hypothetically, you take it to a Rolex dealer with a watchmaker and five minutes after you give it to them they come back with the watch still on the metal bracelet and say that the strap doesn't fit the watch, that the holes are a few millimeters away on the strap from the lug holes.

Then let's say you communicated with the owner of the strap company who'll take the strap back no problem and even cover return shipping, which is not part of the normal return policy, but you are now left with the watch that has scratches on the lugs that only exist because the strap that you were sold was not a precise fit for the model watch you have even though the website claims that it is.

How would you move forward with that?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Glashütte Senator Sixties Panodate Green
    Rolex Milgauss Z Blue
    Triton Subphotique blue
    Sinn U1 T
    Casio G-Shock full metal steel

Re: What would you do, if...

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Everest?

Not that covering the cost of the polishing and rebrushing of the watch lugs will make you whole, but that would be the least the company should do.
    41Mets and rcsub like this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. Everest?

Not that covering the cost of the polishing and rebrushing of the watch lugs will make you whole, but that would be the least the company should do.
    Not Everest. I don't want to say anything about the company right now. I'm more interested what people think is fair. In my email communication with the owner, he has apologized for any issue though he believes very strongly that the strap fits the milgauss because he has a few other clients who have purchased it for the milgauss and have gotten it mounted. I have not pushed any coverage of getting lugs polished. Luckily there's no brushing on it it would just be a question of possibly getting the very edges of the lugs polished, but I have a feeling it would be a fight to get that paid for by him, and I wonder how you would go about requesting / demanding that kind of renumeration?

I will say that one of the things I did after I had trouble fitting it was contact Everest and ask them if any strap they sold would fit the milgauss. They actually said all of their straps come to them the same but they actually have to slightly modify the ones for the milgauss, so obviously they recognize that there's a different fit. I got this one because, first and foremost, the color green was a much better match for the milgauss than the Everest. It was also considerably less money and also a vulcanized rubber strap.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Rolex Milgauss Z Blue
    Triton Subphotique blue
    Sinn U1 T

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd throw my watered down drink in their fat face... hypothetically, of course.
    41Mets, Nokie, Synequano and 1 others like this.
    "Time isn't the main thing. It is the only thing!" - Miles Davis

I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ??

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

Sorry to hear it, Mets. I’d be irked as well. Are the scratches visible when the watch is worn?
    41Mets likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaswirl View Post
    Sorry to hear it, Mets. I’d be irked as well. Are the scratches visible when the watch is worn?
    Just talking about the lugs. The bracelet's dirty.
    Rolex Milgauss Z Blue
    Triton Subphotique blue
    Sinn U1 T

Quote Originally Posted by 41Mets View Post
    Just talking about the lugs. The bracelet's dirty.
    Phew. I’d be annoyed, but at least there is no visible damage. Btw, I think the Milgauss will look great on a rubber strap so I’d try again. Maybe black? Good luck.

Take the high road. Ask about returning the strap, no hard feelings, and move on to find another that works for you.
    41Mets and fastfras like this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

If you see it does not fit then it does not fit, doing circus tricks trying to fit it on the watch will end up with springbar popping out randonly and watch falling off your wrist on the sidewalk. The seller is eather an idiot or just playing dumb. Scratches are fixable. Return and forget about it.
    41Mets likes this.
    Follow the white rabbit ->

Ever see a grown man cry? Seriously though. I don’t need the hassle so I’d put it behind me.
    41Mets likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information