What would you do in a sale deal ?

Thread: What would you do in a sale deal ?

What would you do in a sale deal ?

Hello,
    I have a little question. Until now, I have bought many watches but sold very few. Over the past few days, I decided to sell some watches and overall everything has gone fairly smoothly. But here is one experience where I could use some help :
    My sale post clearly said the price included shipping in CONUS only. This fellow responded he wanted the watch. He is a new WUS member on the Omega forum with basically no post history ( only 5 posts over a day or 2 ) but his signature indicates he's located in California. He paid me the selling price but when I got the Paypal notification, the shipping address is unconfirmed in Italy. It all happened within a few hours. I tried to contact the buyer but nothing so far at all ( while he was super fast to buy the watch ! ).
    Paypal tells me to refund the money.
    I would hate to make an assumption on someone who maybe just moved here in the States and maybe he hasn't changed his paypal address. But it doesn't " smell " good to me. And in the meantime, my watch is marked as " SOLD " on the forum.
    What would you do ? Would you wait longer before making a decision ?
    Thanks for your answers.

Re: What would you do in a sale deal ?

Quote Originally Posted by frogonwheels View Post
    Hello,
    I have a little question. Until now, I have bought many watches but sold very few. Over the past few days, I decided to sell some watches and overall everything has gone fairly smoothly. But here is one experience where I could use some help :
    My sale post clearly said the price included shipping in CONUS only. This fellow responded he wanted the watch. He is a new WUS member on the Omega forum with basically no post history ( only 5 posts over a day or 2 ) but his signature indicates he's located in California. He paid me the selling price but when I got the Paypal notification, the shipping address is unconfirmed in Italy. It all happened within a few hours. I tried to contact the buyer but nothing so far at all ( while he was super fast to buy the watch ! ).
    Paypal tells me to refund the money.
    I would hate to make an assumption on someone who maybe just moved here in the States and maybe he hasn't changed his paypal address. But it doesn't " smell " good to me. And in the meantime, my watch is marked as " SOLD " on the forum.
    What would you do ? Would you wait longer before making a decision ?
    Thanks for your answers.
    I would wait one day from your email. If no response, refund the money and move on. I would also not ship unless its a confirmed paypal address.
    Lots of dive watches.

Eh sorry I was enjoying a cold beer in the heated pool :oops:.

Anyway I moved to the US a few months back for work thats why my paypal is based in Italy (my home country), if you want I can set up a new account with my US card :-/ (hell its 50$ beater not a Panerai #_#).

Or uhm I can organize a flight up to you and pay directly cash ? (really I can)

Aight I guess we can move this up to pm now, I answered to get my +1

Giulio
    Last edited by Pippotaz; November 11th, 2008 at 05:37.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ok it looks like it will go to PM for a private resolution, so I'm closing this now. Good luck to both parties.
    Lots of dive watches.

Thread Information