what would you do with these Seikos?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sam0840

Thread: what would you do with these Seikos?

what would you do with these Seikos?

First, if this is better placed in the Seiko thread feel free to move it. My Main questions is what do you guys think is a better plan. I really like the yellow numerals in the ssc093 but I also like the more classic look of the ssc081 with the leather band. Should I purchase the ssc093 and just replace the band? If so what band might you recommend? or should I just get the ssc081 since it already has the leather band. I still like the ssc081 but I feel the yellow numbers might stick out better in the ssc093. Thanks! and sorry I am having trouble uploading pics.
    Vikesfan likes this.

Re: what would you do with these Seikos?

I think your intuition about the yellow numbers is correct. Go for the SSC081.

Banned

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  seiko-solar-chronograph-dual-time-zone-black-dial-stainless-steel-mens-watch-ssc093-3.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  119.3 KB VS Name:  81PPcoqheML._SY679_.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  60.2 KB

Personally, I don't think the yellow is very well executed. SSC081 all the way.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    Name:  seiko-solar-chronograph-dual-time-zone-black-dial-stainless-steel-mens-watch-ssc093-3.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  119.3 KB VS Name:  81PPcoqheML._SY679_.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  60.2 KB

Personally, I don't think the yellow is very well executed. SSC081 all the way.
    Cheers.
    Thanks for uploading the pics. I think your right on the ssc081. Unfortunately no one by my home has one I can look at in person and the yellow numerals seem way to bright after looking at that pic. So ssc081 its catching my eye a lot more. Also, that Timberland version is interesting! OK next questions would be what strap would you change out the ssc081 with? NATO or a different leather?
    Last edited by sam0840; January 9th, 2014 at 00:46.

Not only is the white version better-looking than the yellow, but I think the leather strap is better suited to this watch style than a metal bracelet.

As far as straps, I think the stock leather is fine for a sporty look. You can dress it up with a dark brown or black croc-grain strap if you want, or dress it down with a rougher style of leather. A NATO strap would look fine and give the watch a bit of a military look, especially if you go with a traditional military color like olive drab or coyote brown. There is also the ever-popular, black-and-grey striped "Bond" NATO.
    Cheers,
    Ben "LBD"

Thread Information