what would you suggest for a $600 watch?

Thread: what would you suggest for a $600 watch?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

what would you suggest for a $600 watch?

I'm looking to expand my collect but for some reason cannot think of a nice $600 watch to buy- any ideas?

I'd prefer it be a new watch and not used...

thanks all

Re: what would you suggest for a $600 watch?

There's tons in the range. I'd look toward Seiko, Tissot, Hamilton, ...

Good watches for the price point. Great customer service reports from all three as well.

There is Boschett Reef Ranger and the Berhardt line of watches. BTW, the Reef Ranger has the best crown I have ever used, it is so smooth, haven't had a watch that compares yet (in may short watch history).
    Rolex Explorer, Tudor Pelagos, Sinn EZM3

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Any particular style you're after?

MKII and Precista also offer some in the range I believe - great quality pieces by anyone's standards!

Quote Originally Posted by jason_recliner View Post
    Any particular style you're after?
    im open to a lot of different styles- really like pilot and dive style watches.

Banned

I'm got a Seiko Sumo which I LOVE. There are a lot of reviews on here, take a look. Around $450, so gives you plenty of change for a diver strap and quality leather strap. The Seiko Samurai is also nice, Ti, cheaper again.

My mate has a Hamilton Khaki GMT which is sweet. Not a diver as such, but a really nice watch with cool crowns and complications.

There are a bunch of boutique brands around making divers. I don't know much about them, I tend to go for established brands, but there are a lot of fans on WUS.

And check out the atomic Citizen Navihawks / Skyhawks. Amazing pilot watches PACKED with dials and hands and gubbins, Around $400 should get you one. The bracelets look pretty nasty, so gives you enough change for a quality strap.

There are so many choices. I'd go with a Tissot? You buying on-line such as Amazon or through a local store?
    That Ain't an Igloo, thats my Watch. That ain't snow, thats my Chain. That Ain't an ice tray, thats my teeth. That's not a snowcone, thats my ring
    - Orient Orange Mako
    - Orient "Pepsi" Mako
    - Orient Star (Rose Gold w/ power reserve)
    - Android Tattooed Banker (Yellow)
    - Movado
    - G-Shock 5600, 6900

Quote Originally Posted by pacostagli View Post
    I'm looking to expand my collect but for some reason cannot think of a nice $600 watch to buy- any ideas?

I'd prefer it be a new watch and not used...

thanks all
    With $600,i think u are gonna be spoiled for choices if u do not mind whether it's mechanical or quartz or swiss made or not. Enjoy your hunt :)

Banned

This all depends on whether you are willing to buy from grey market or you are going to purchase at an authorized dealer. You will find that a quick search online will give you a ton more choices at that price range than walking into your local dealer. I would just do the research before purchasing online, there are alot of reputable grey market sales places.

As for my suggestion, I am a huge fan of Hamilton, Tissot, and most recently Victorinox Swiss Army. All of these brands will give you a nice selection of both quartz and automatic movement choices. Just do your homework and use the forums here for any questions or recomendations and you will surely find something that will fit the bill. I would also look around our sales forum here. There are alot of good honest people selling some really nice pieces. I have done several deals on here and have had no problems with anyone, not to mention Ive picked up some really nice watches for some great deals. Good luck with your search.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information