What is your favourite watch brand and why?
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: What is your favourite watch brand and why?

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

What is your favourite watch brand and why?

Re: What is your favourite watch brand and why?

Picking one is nearly impossible, I guess I'd say Vacheron Constantin.
    BusyTimmy likes this.
    Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

My favorite watch is ALS Lange 1. Unfortunately, that watch is beyond what I am currently willing to pay for a watch so.... My favorite brand would have to be Rolex. So many watches I love... Sub, Milgauss, DeepSea, Explorer ii, Daytona, etc. and still not out of my price range. In close second would be Omega, Zenith, JLC, and GO for the same reasons.
    Last edited by bacari; August 29th, 2012 at 23:03.
    Rolex Submariner
    Zenith Chronomaster XT Open El Primero

Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 Limited Edition
    Kobold Comanche
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Sinn U1
    Alpina Extreme Diver

Maurice Lacroix Miros
    Ball B&O First Mile

Edox Classe Royale Open Heart Automatic
    Shinola Brakeman 46

Luminox 3000 Navy Seal Diver
    Hamilton Khaki Navy Sub
    Seiko Black Monster
    Citizen Ecozilla
    Deep Blue Sunray Diver 1k
    and various other makes and models

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nivrel, eye appeal and value, at least to me.

Rolex and Invicta, because the discussions surrounding them bring out the very best in all of us.
    Nomos Zürich Weltzeit • Omega Speedmaster Pro • Sinn UX

Vacheron Constantin.
    Nocturnal likes this.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Wow... that is difficult to answer.

For an overall dedication to understated excellence (my favorite type of excellence, I will admit) Grand Seiko comes to mind. But then I think of which brand makes the finest watches, and that has to be A Lange & Sohne. But then I think of history and prestige, and it is pretty hard to beat JLC in terms of it being a true watchmaker's watch brand. But then, I consider what type of brand I personally would create if given a large sum of money, and it would probably be something like Bremont which has an overall theme and aesthetic that really resonates with me.

But finally, after all of these things considered, I am going to have to go with Nomos. It is a small, independent brand that is dedicated to doing things the right way. It charges very reasonable prices, makes a very consistent and high quality product, and doesn't seem to waste a lot of resources catering to the masses or buying up market space. It knows what it is and (more importantly and much less common) knows what it is not. Plus, it has a ton of personality and charm as a brand- everything from the fine finishing details in the movement to the little bits of humor apparent on its wonderful website and catalog- it really is a delightful breath of fresh air in an industry filled with self-proclaimed audacity, prestige, and bravado. And so, with the element of charm tipping the scales in its favor, I nominate Nomos as my favorite brand.

Seiko. Awesome watches from $100 to $150,000...something for everyone. Good, honorable company with a great and uncompromising history. Quartz, solar, GPS, digital, kinetic, spring drive, automatic, handwind, minute repeater etc, you've got pretty much all of it in Seiko.

Honorable mention would probably go to Zenith. I've just always had a thing for Zenith.

I like Vacheron Constantin and Jaeger-LeCoultre. Vacheron for its heritage, classic style, and decent value (for a high-end brand), and Jaeger for their movement expertise, understated design, and exceptional value. I know WIS are generally not fans of large conglomerates, but I find myself gravitating to many of the brands in the Richemont group, of which, A. Lange and Sohne is another standout.
    plastique999 and Nocturnal like this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

I don't think I have a favorite, but if I have to choose, I'd say Omega just because I like their designs more than other brands.
    Triton9 and deluxeswiss like this.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information