WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What is your "go to" watch

5K views 51 replies 43 participants last post by  lorsban 
#1 · (Edited)
Today, after a drunken flurry of activity last night, I woke up late for work and had to rush out the door. I couldn't find my omega smp so grabbed my suunto observer, which I like for its ultimate utility. I missed my SMP a few times today, and found it tonight carelessly thrown under my bed. I also have a hamilton kahki gmt that I try to alternate with to reduce wear and tear on both but it never seems to get on my wrist these days.

So I suppose my "go to" watch is my omega smp, Its been on my wrist for the better part of a year, and its only 1.8 seconds fast after 11 days on this latest time trial, which is one of the reasons I love it.

I never realized how attached I had become. :think:

What watch do you wear day in and day out?

See less See more
#3 ·
I have an omega speedmaster pro, which I truly love... but I would have to say, in a pinch, I'd probably go with my Suunto core. I mean, it was my most worn watch before I got the speedy, and dang that thing is useful. I can't tell you how many times I look at my speedy to use the barometer LOL

Love the speedy? You betcha...
Love the Suunto? You betcha.

Today, after a drunken flurry of activity last night, I woke up late for work and had to rush out the door. I couldn't find my omega smp so grabbed my suunto observer, which I like for its ultimate utility. I missed my SMP a few times today, and found it tonight carelessly thrown under my bed. I also have a hamilton kahki gmt that I try to alternate with to reduce wear and tear on both but it never seems to get on my wrist these days.

So I suppose my "go to" watch is my omega smp, Its been on my wrist for the better part of a year, and its only 1.8 seconds fast after 11 days on this latest time trial, which is one of the reasons I love it.

I never realized how attached I had become. :think:

What watch do you wear day in and day out?

#4 ·
my alpha pvd is my beater, but i can't wear it until i find some clear nail polish stuff to coat the bezel with. i couldn't remove the movement (missing part?) to paint superluminova on the face, so i painted the bezel instead, and the paint tends to lose little bits when rubbed, like glitter. and everyone knows how hard it is to clean up glitter, so imagine how bad glow in the dark glitter would be. so i will put a protective clear coating of nail polish over the painted areas.

not a very good picture, but here's how it turned out:

Black Green Light Sky Darkness

meanwhile, i'll wear my $20 dealextreme skeleton

Attachments

#6 ·
Kept on a winder, along with others, but if I need something quickly, seems to be this, as it's always within a minute of electronic time.

#7 ·
My Submariner 14060M.

#26 · (Edited)
One of the prettiest Seikos I have ever seen.

#11 ·
My current grab-and-go piece is my Certina DS Podium Square. It's reliable, accurate (quartz, of course) and perfectly sized. And I like the straghtforward, versatile design. Now that I think about it, it actually is one of my absolute favourites. And it also happens to be the best bargain I've ever, too: I bought it a year ago from an outlet with a 55 % discount.

Here's a pic (borrowed):

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product

It's actually on my wrist now when I'm typing this. :)

#12 ·
My Citizen BM7080-03E

Eco-Drive. Super accurate. Titanium case. Sapphire crystal. Truly high-end quartz.

Only watch I've ever owned that actually gets better-looking the more I wear it. Never had that happen before.

Like it so much that I'm currently on the look-out for an automatic twin, just in terms of looks. Perhaps an older Omega Aqua Terra Seamaster or a TAG Heuer Carrera (non-chronograph version). Yup . . . I'm willing to spend a lot more to get a watch that's as good looking as my titanium Citizen that was purchased at 15% off and was a Christmas gift from my entire immediate family in 2010. Why? A well-made automatic can last far longer than any quartz. (Even an Eco-Drive.)

#13 ·
There isn't exactly one grab and and go on my collection. I guess if it's for desk diving my Magrette Moana Pacific Diver, if I go for instance sailing or doing anything heavy I go for my G-Shock.

#21 ·
Right now it's this:

On summer weekends it's usually this:

Reactions: keila and Triton9
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.