What is your opinions on this please?

Thread: What is your opinions on this please?

What is your opinions on this please?

HeY guys! I'm new to this site and I got a quick question for y'all...was this purchase good in your opinion? Not looking for a value or anything, but do, in your opinion, do you think that 130$ was good for a 1925-1926 (can't tell, the engraving in the back is pretty blurry) Rolex watch, in (probably not working condition)? It is silver so at least it won't be WORTHLESS at the least, but what do you think, should I restore it or keep it original , and how much do you think it would be to restore it to working condition, just the movement? It looks like it is in no terrible shape but the pictures are blurry. I obviously don't care about the 4 timex watches, but please do share you opinion with me! TIA, Tim
    Here's the link:
    Vintage Rolex Plus 4 Timex Watches Higest Bid Over $50 Buys All No Reserve | eBay

Re: What is your opinions on this please?

Take it to a qualified watchmaker. These sorts of questions are impossible to answer from pictures. Most non working watches are worth the scrap value of the case.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by Timmytimex View Post
    HeY guys! I'm new to this site and I got a quick question for y'all...was this purchase good in your opinion? Not looking for a value or anything, but do, in your opinion, do you think that 130$ was good for a 1925-1926 (can't tell, the engraving in the back is pretty blurry) Rolex watch, in (probably not working condition)? It is silver so at least it won't be WORTHLESS at the least, but what do you think, should I restore it or keep it original , and how much do you think it would be to restore it to working condition, just the movement? It looks like it is in no terrible shape but the pictures are blurry. I obviously don't care about the 4 timex watches, but please do share you opinion with me! TIA, Tim
    Here's the link:
    Vintage Rolex Plus 4 Timex Watches Higest Bid Over $50 Buys All No Reserve | eBay
    $130 for a vintage Rolex? I know that ladies ones don't go for as much as the men's but doesn't that seem a bit too low for a genuine one?
    Last edited by ShaggyDog; August 3rd, 2014 at 22:28.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pretty much ALL job lot watch sales on ebay are out of focus/blurry, and the cynic in me 'knows' this can only be for one reason: They are trying to hide something.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste .

Unless you are an experienced collector or a watchmaker looking for replacement parts, not worth it. If you paid already, try to resell them on eBay - with clear pictures and detailed description you might be able to recover some loss.

It would be difficult for those photos to be any worse!

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Pretty much ALL job lot watch sales on ebay are out of focus/blurry, and the cynic in me 'knows' this can only be for one reason: They are trying to hide something.
    Agree with this. The pictures of watch backs are in-focus (so the seller is capable of taking pictures in-focus), but pictures of the watch dials are out-of-focus (maybe deliberate, very fishy). Agree that an authentic vintage Rolex should not sell for so little. Most likely fake? In which case, not worth servicing, IMHO.

The only clear shot was of the backs. The others are intentionally out of focus.

As with most other small ladies watches I think the movement in that Rolex will probably be dead or close to it. The dial seems to be in nice condition so the watch may have stopped running fairly early on and was just put away. It will be difficult to find a watchmaker willing to take a very small movement on and you have to be ready to spend several hundred dollars if parts are needed.

You do have some melt-down value in the silver case.
    Last edited by John MS; August 4th, 2014 at 17:52.

Thread Information